[SOLVED] Advice for which AIO computer to buy?

Solution
Just going to be honest from the start, I don't know much about computers internally. So I have no idea what is better than something else, or what is newer than something else.

Anyhow, it's finally time to upgrade from my old dell vostro with windows vista. I'm like 90% leaning towards an AIO, as this purchase won't have much to do with gaming. But at the same time I still want the computer to be able to run videos and what not good. The most it may see gaming wise would be something like League of Legends.

I'm looking to stay under $600, and I see many options on several sites, but once again I don't know what is better. As an example, i've seen this on office depot, and it has ok reviews there and on best buy. But only a 2.9...
The I3 CPU in the HP is a good bit faster and newer than the Pentium in the Lenovo. The I3 also has a better IGPU which may help improve media playback.
Both have nice full HD panels, but the HP has a 2" bigger screen size.
The HP has a newer Bluetooth 4.2 capability compared to the Lenovo BT4.0.
Neither have an SSD, but both have a 7200rpm 1tb hdd.
The HP is newer and a has the above improvements. They are similar otherwise.

Mar 15, 2019
Just going to be honest from the start, I don't know much about computers internally. So I have no idea what is better than something else, or what is newer than something else.

Anyhow, it's finally time to upgrade from my old dell vostro with windows vista. I'm like 90% leaning towards an AIO, as this purchase won't have much to do with gaming. But at the same time I still want the computer to be able to run videos and what not good. The most it may see gaming wise would be something like League of Legends.

I'm looking to stay under $600, and I see many options on several sites, but once again I don't know what is better. As an example, i've seen this on office depot, and it has ok reviews there and on best buy. But only a 2.9 rating on Amazon.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/939365/Dell-Inspiron-3263-All-In-One/

I've also seen this on best buy, and it has good reviews, and I know Lenovo is a good brand. However I have no clue if this is a fair price for what it has internally. I've read a few things about the processor being relatively weak?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...VCztpCh1WgQjtEAkYASABEgLbjfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

What AIO computer should I be looking for? Or where should I look for deals from reliable places? I pretty much know of best buy, amazon, and just now saw the one above on office depot, but not even sure if office depot is a good place to buy from.

Once again, I'm looking for a strong AIO that can do quite a bit, but doesn't have to be up to par to run your current gaming specs.

Also, when searching through specs. What are the details that I would want to pay most attention too? For example, most have told me to get at least an 8 GB Ram. I've been using a 2 gb ram since 2007, and I know it has issues. More glaring as of late, hence the time to upgrade. Other stuff like intel pentium, i3, amd a9, radeon, etc. I have no idea what is better out of stuff like that. Anyhow, help would be much appreciated or a simple point in the right direction. Thanks!

Why an all in one? You are getting the worst of both a laptop and a desktop without the benefit of either unless you count saving a few cubic feet of space a benefit. You have all in one so if screen fails or the motherboard fails, system is useless. You have likely custom parts that can't be upgradable, smaller space so more heat and more chance of component failure, screen you can't change to another one if you want a larger one in 2 months, you can't carry it around like a laptop, you can't upgrade it like a normal desktop. If anything, get a monitor and a laptop and use the laptop with a keyboard/mouse on it or just a desktop.

Reactions: Darth Sicaedus

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

I'm looking to stay under $600, and I see many options on several sites, but once again I don't know what is better. As an example, i've seen this on office depot, and it has ok reviews there and on best buy. But only a 2.9 rating on Amazon.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/939365/Dell-Inspiron-3263-All-In-One/

I've also seen this on best buy, and it has good reviews, and I know Lenovo is a good brand. However I have no clue if this is a fair price for what it has internally. I've read a few things about the processor being relatively weak?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...VCztpCh1WgQjtEAkYASABEgLbjfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

What AIO computer should I be looking for? Or where should I look for deals from reliable places? I pretty much know of best buy, amazon, and just now saw the one above on office depot, but not even sure if office depot is a good place to buy from.

Once again, I'm looking for a strong AIO that can do quite a bit, but doesn't have to be up to par to run your current gaming specs.

Also, when searching through specs. What are the details that I would want to pay most attention too? For example, most have told me to get at least an 8 GB Ram. I've been using a 2 gb ram since 2007, and I know it has issues. More glaring as of late, hence the time to upgrade. Other stuff like intel pentium, i3, amd a9, radeon, etc. I have no idea what is better out of stuff like that. Anyhow, help would be much appreciated or a simple point in the right direction. Thanks!

The Dell is an 6th generation i3-6100u. That is an ultrabook processor, so basically a mid-range laptop. Two cores 4 threads 2.3Ghz.

The Lenovo is slightly newer but with an inferior 7th generation Pentium processor. Same Two cores 4 threads, but less cache and weaker graphics chip.

Other than that they are fairly comparable.

It does look like laptops are going to get you more bang for your buck, you gain a battery and portability. If you don't mind spending on external peripherals to duplicate the desktop feel anyway. You can get a cheap 1920x1080 21" monitor for under $100, and any old keyboard and mouse will give you the best of both worlds.

Here are some refurb all in ones, only 4GB of memory though:

Older processor, but a full desktop class processor (much higher clock speeds)

https://shop.pcmag.com/products/len...-home-off-lease-refurbished?utm_source=tbsite

Basically a newer version of the Dell you picked out above.

https://shop.pcmag.com/products/del...-hdd-win10-home-refurbished?utm_source=tbsite

But if you want all-in-ones with desktop class performance, you are going to have to look at closer to $1000 to get what you want. For instance, Dell is still selling brand new systems with the Pentium 4415u for $529.

Solution