Advice needed - Computer build (Compatibility Question)

buddy763541

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Gaming PC Build:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670k
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4
Graphics Card: Amd R9 280x
Power Supply: 750 Watt - Corsair CX750M - 80 PLUS Bronze, Full Modular
Ram: DDR3-1886 ADATA XPG V2 8gb
Processor Cooling: Asetek 550C Liquid CPU Cooling System
Fans: ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan
Hard Drive: 1 Tb Hard Drive
Sound Reduction Material

Okay so I was just wondering if everything here would be compatible because I was worried about possibly not being able to use either the Processor or the discrete graphics card due to it possible being non compatible with the motherboard?

Also I'm not looking to add anything on to the list such as SSD and I left out the other minor parts that are self explanatory but I was just wondering, how do you guys think this would perform as far as gaming. A pretty decent gaming rig?

Solution
It will all work fine. Change the CPU to a non-K model because there is no overclocking on that motherboard. It should easily max all current games. You can also drop the CPU cooler because no overclocking will be done and the stock cooler is perfectly fine.

Drop the network card because the motherboard has one built in. Change the PSU to 650w as well.
It will all work fine. Change the CPU to a non-K model because there is no overclocking on that motherboard. It should easily max all current games. You can also drop the CPU cooler because no overclocking will be done and the stock cooler is perfectly fine.

Drop the network card because the motherboard has one built in. Change the PSU to 650w as well.

Solution
It's all compatible.

The MB already has 10/100/1000 networking - not sure why you want the network card.

Performance in games should be excellent, e.g. over 60 fps in Battlefield 4 at 1080p with ultra settings.

I'm assuming you want 8 or 16 GB of RAM and a Windows 64-bit OS. If you get only 4 GB you will have a problem.