Question Advice needed for setting up case fan profiles/control in Argus Monitor ?

Aug 7, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to optimize the airflow in my case, and I've just come across Argus Monitor, which allows slaving each case fan to a certain component's temp readings, or even an average of multiple components, across time if needed. I am running an i5 13600KF cooled by a Be Quiet Dark Rock 4 (non-pro) with an RX6800, 32GB of DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, a Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, and an Asus ROG STRIX 850W Gold PSU. The system is housed in a Corsair 4000D Airflow, with two front intake fans (one of them came with the case, the other is a Be Quiet Silent Wings 4 120mm PWM High Speed fan) and a single 120mm exhaust that came with the case. The exhaust and one of the intakes are currently slaved to the CPU temps in BIOS, and the Be Quiet (second intake) is slaved to system temps. The GPU fans (three of them) are obviously doing their own thing, so they don't really enter the equation. Same is true for the PSU fan.

What would be the most efficient way to set up the three case fans to attain optimum performance and airflow? I was thinking that since the Be Quiet Silent Wings fan is directly opposite the CPU cooler, I should slave it to the CPU temps, along with the exhaust, and set the second intake to pull more air based on either system or GPU temps.

What do you guys think? How would you set it up?