Question Advice needed in buying laptop

Dec 3, 2022
Greetings,
First post here.
I have not bought a new laptop in about 7 years so I am behind on hardware and everything else.
I am looking at a HP 15 Notebook, 15" HD Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U
HP 15 Notebook, 15" HD Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Upto 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD,1TB HDD , HDMI, Card Reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Pro - Newegg.com
It would be used mainly for office chores/surfing and some light graphics work.
The specs state "Drive Capacity: 128GB SSD+1TB HDD "
What would the SSD be used for?

If anyone out there has the time to go over the specs and offer some advice I would appreciate it
My current machine is a HP ZBook 17 G2
Thanks,
WV-Mike

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
A couple of things.

If I were going to buy a Ryzen based laptop with budget in mind, consider the r5 5xxx variants (or higher). They have better graphics capability.
Would also suggest going with 16GB RAM at a minimum.

SSD is going to be for OS and programs, HDD would be for bulk storage.

There have been some nice sales on the HP Victus as of late, with dedicated graphics cards.
Might consider looking over at the Dell Outlet as they have some compelling deals on the 15" Inspiron models right now.

Dec 3, 2022
Thank for the info.
re: r5 5xxx variants I am not sure what you mean.

re: Dell I could find no 15" Inspirion models with 1T storage.

Same thing with the HP Victus . They are all 512 GB SSD storage or under.
WV-Mike

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not much into laptops, but for me would this for about the same price look good,

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000D-14ZS4?Item=9SIAGHSJAU6269

only thing i look at is what kind of ssd is in there, maybe the shop that sells it can be more clear about that.

A Ryzen 5xxx as suggested above probably gets you abit higher in price like this one,

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000E-10GC5?Item=9SIADG3HZ78995

As you might see i personally don't give much liking to hdd's nowadays. That cpu in the laptop you linked last is already abit aging and i would spend the $30 more on the 4500u (last link i put in) if wanting Ryzen.