Question Advice on a new case

Montini

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
I need a new case and I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities.

Here is what I'm looking for:
Under $100.
Black with a business like look
No glass
No RGB
Mid-size with plenty room for extras and easy to work in

And since I live in a very dusty area (Central Arizona) I like something that keeps the dust out as much as possible.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Some of the extra things will limit your choices. For example, since people expect RGB and glass, lots and lots of high-quality cases will have them. I'd double-check and see if this is a deal-breaker. While you obviously can't do this with glass, you can simply not use the RGB in a case.

What are your specs? Something with more filters may be less appropriate for a case if you have parts that generate a lot of heat. And there's also a question as to the form factor of your motherboard and the size of your GPU.

Montini

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
Some of the extra things will limit your choices. For example, since people expect RGB and glass, lots and lots of high-quality cases will have them. I'd double-check and see if this is a deal-breaker. While you obviously can't do this with glass, you can simply not use the RGB in a case.

What are your specs? Something with more filters may be less appropriate for a case if you have parts that generate a lot of heat. And there's also a question as to the form factor of your motherboard and the size of your GPU.

Probably a Ryzen 3600, ATX board, a modest video card in the 10 series and a 600 watt power supply.

Define and Meshify both are good designs and have a solid side panel option https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/ Meshify is great for airflow, good idea to keep dust out is to keep the system on a desk or raised up several feet off the floor. You really want good cooling in a case, which means you need good ventilation which means no way to reduce dust. Anything that will keep dust out also will restrict air flow.