Advice on a Ryzen 7 2700 based build

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys

Looking to for advice on the below build:
https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/8ZxF6s

The CPU cooler, Memory and Hard Drive are from my previous build. Will need to get another stick of RAM.

Got a neat deal on the Power Supply hence picked that up (I think 1000W is too much?)

I'm not into OC, however I wouldn't mind it.

No RBG, just like it simple.

I'm based in India, room temps get a bit high at times.

Thanks.

Over all it looks good. What do you currently have for a CPU cooler? I only ask because the Ryzen 7 2700 comes with a capable cooler in the box.

Yes, another stick of RAM would be a good thing to have, not necessarily right away. You should save your money and just get a 16GB kit of PC 3200 speed RAM.

Ryzen loves faster memory, and the 8GB will be sufficient for the majority of current games.

The RTX 2060 is a good card, but if you aren't playing games that can take advantage of its advanced features then something like a GTX 1070 ti would give you slightly better performance for, usually, less money.

The 1000W PSU is just fine. If you got a good deal on it there is no reason to get anything less. Running well under the rated power will also help keep things cooler.

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks Justin. Well I did not add the CPU cooler as I heard that the cooler in the box was good.

Bumping the RAM to 16GB at 3200 speed sounds like a good idea.

I game most of the time with occasional video editing and the GTX series(1070 and 1080 including Ti) in India are Out of stock in almost all stores. Usually International stores include import fees and shipping which raises the cost.

Also the GTX 1070 ti cards here are priced almost the same the RTX 2060.

If you are into video editing then stick with the RTX 2060. The new encoding capabilities of the RTX cards are pretty good.

For the rest of it, you've got a good system and a good idea where to go with it. Glad to help and good luck!