[SOLVED] Advice on ASUS Geforce GT 1030 Fanless 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Dec 8, 2020
Hi.
I'm trying to build a quiet multi purpose desktop.
I'm not a gamer, but I would like to be able to do some games and some video editing occasionally.
I was opting for this card, but someone say that it's worthless that It's very little better than an integrated video card on the CPU.
What's your opinion?
Thanks

Solution
someone say that it's worthless that It's very little better than an integrated video card on the CPU.
Depends on cpu being used.
With Intel cpu GT 1030 will be better than integrated gpu.
With Ryzen cpu (with integrated Vega graphics) it will be similar performance as integrated gpu.
Dec 8, 2020
I know that Ryzen 3700x doesn't have integreted gpu. My question is will the Ryzen 3700x + ASUS Geforce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 will do the video job better than the AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700U which has an integrated video?
Video cards are very expensive now. Buying the Ryzen 3700x + ASUS Geforce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 now will not prevent me to buy tomorrow a better video card if I'm not satisfacted with the performance of the GT1030. Buying today a AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700U or similar CPU with GPU integrated is rendering the option to buy a better video card tomorrow very improbable.
Thanks again to all. Lavrio

if I may drop a note... what's the budget?

Building a quiet PC does not require you to cut back in such a manner. Late GPUs actually turn off their fans when under light/web browsing load. You should also be looking at BETTER cooling rather than trying to go light (since you are looking at 3700x, it's clear that you are still looking for performance rather than silence - Also if I remember correctly, graphics cards do help out with editing rendering and what not... but that depends on which app you will be using as they different in hardware utilization).

Try looking into ANTEC P101 SILENT pc case with Noctua or Be Quiet fans, maybe that would be a good start to point you in the right direction for a quiet PC