[SOLVED] Advice on build

Feb 16, 2019
Hello,

This is what I have thought of currently: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mG38NQ
I have already bought the case and graphics card.
I'm from Ireland and thus am getting the power supply from UK.
I plan to upgrade to 16gb of ram in the future.
I will use the PC for gaming and possibly coding/video editing in the future.

I have a few questions:
Do I need to get the power supply in the UK or will a German one be compatible (i.e plugs) since its about 10 euro cheaper in Germany.
Is there any parts I should change or any way to save some money.
Should I get a 1TB or 2TB HDD? (The case only fits 1)
Any other advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
You might also consider a larger SSD. The 250GB version of that drive is about 50 euros, but the 500GB version is under 70, for double the capacity. You would likely want the games you play regularly installed to the SSD to improve load times, and a 250GB drive isn't going to hold much alongside your OS and applications. Since the 500GB version offers much better cost per gigabyte, it's probably worth spending a little more for that. Or maybe even move up to a 1TB SSD, and skip the hard drive entirely, though that would cost somewhat more, for somewhat less storage in total.
You might also consider a larger SSD. The 250GB version of that drive is about 50 euros, but the 500GB version is under 70, for double the capacity. You would likely want the games you play regularly installed to the SSD to improve load times, and a 250GB drive isn't going to hold much alongside your OS and applications. Since the 500GB version offers much better cost per gigabyte, it's probably worth spending a little more for that. Or maybe even move up to a 1TB SSD, and skip the hard drive entirely, though that would cost somewhat more, for somewhat less storage in total.

Solution
Feb 16, 2019

I am actually buying the SSD first and then the HDD.
The only 480gb SSD's in my price range would be low quality ones which I've been told arent worth it compared to crucial or samsung.

Captaingadget

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
You could go for the BX500 480GB, it's not quite a quick as the MX500 but a solid budget option but on the basis the MX500 is only 8EUR more I'd try to stretch to that one. The only difference between buying the UK and the German PSU will be the type of plug it is shipped with, depends if you have a kettle type plug already that you could use. Otherwise for your budget I couldn't recommend better components, you've got a really good value CPU, some fast RAM to go with it and a really decent PSU.

Feb 16, 2019
You could go for the BX500 480GB, it's not quite a quick as the MX500 but a solid budget option but on the basis the MX500 is only 8EUR more I'd try to stretch to that one. The only difference between buying the UK and the German PSU will be the type of plug it is shipped with, depends if you have a kettle type plug already that you could use. Otherwise for your budget I couldn't recommend better components, you've got a really good value CPU, some fast RAM to go with it and a really decent PSU.

What about the cooler masterwatt 550?
Its semi modular, 550w and bronze rated.
It is also cheaper.
Could I go with it or should I stick with cosair?