Advice on first build

Zett_jukassa

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I'm going to be building my first gaming PC this summer and have already done a lot of research. I have chosen all of the components and have a few like the hyper 212 evo and the mobo, an ASRock 970 extreme 3 r2 although I am aware its socket is obsolete. I have 250€ to spend on the CPU + new Mobo. What do you guys suggest ?

Solution

So you already know that you should not invest in an obsolete product. You know Ryzen is only 2 or 3 weeks away. You know that you should wait. You know I don't know what you know that I know that you don't know. Then Vega is on the far horizon aka the end of 2017.

Fortunately Ryzen is rumored to be overclockable. Not just the mid or top end products or a specific line. All of Ryzen from the bottom end to...

So you already know that you should not invest in an obsolete product. You know Ryzen is only 2 or 3 weeks away. You know that you should wait. You know I don't know what you know that I know that you don't know. Then Vega is on the far horizon aka the end of 2017.

Fortunately Ryzen is rumored to be overclockable. Not just the mid or top end products or a specific line. All of Ryzen from the bottom end to the top-end. Does suggest not needing a particular motherboard BUT quality is VERY important when pushing a CPU harder than normal.

I'd choose the 480 8GB or just wait until the end of the year for Vega. There's always going to be a new release just over the horizon.

Solution