Question Advice on GPU Temps ?

Jun 16, 2023
Hi,
I recently build my computer and I want to know about the gpu temps I have an aorus master rtx 4090 and when the computer is on idle its getting 50c I want to know if this is ok for that kind of gpu because even the fans of the gpu are spinning a bit and then stop and I see that the task manager show the utilization is 3% can someone tell if there is some kind of solution for this or it's the normal situation?

Last edited:
Hi,
I recently build my computer and I want to know about the gpu temps I have an aorus master rtx 4090 and when the computer is on idle its getting 50c I want to know if this is ok for that kind of gpu because even the fans of the gpu are spinning a bit and then stop and I see that the task manager show the utilization is 3% can someone tell if there is some kind of solution for this or it's the normal situation?
I was going to reply with your GPU can sit at 50C basically forever and it won't hurt it, but I'm curious about that 3% at idle....it's higher than you would expect for a top end GPU only displaying your desktop.

Is there any chance you've enabled desktop recording and have an instant replay buffer, so while you're not actually recording, the GPU is constantly encoding a video file?

I know on my AMD card, I had this exact issue and it was sucking down 50w at idle...I'm not sure if Geforce experience does the same thing, it's been a while since I've used it.

Jun 16, 2023
1. How do I check the usage ?
2. I don't think its the problem here and my pc wasn't like that few days ago I built it last week and check the heat on the glass of the case and it wasn't like that

Jun 16, 2023
My case is lian li dynamic evo so I put as much as I can and I think I did a good airflow like top(2 sided on the radiator) exhausts side and down are intake and one more for exhaust behind

My case is lian li dynamic evo so I put as much as I can and I think I did a good airflow like top(2 sided on the radiator) exhausts side and down are intake and one more for exhaust behind

This is my case and love having PSU at back off the case and the fans at bottom so my gpu is idle at 30-40 and case really cools down my comp. 360MM aio cooler at top two fans at front and back and 3 on bottom!. But sadly not all fans can have rgb since broken pin but might buy cooler master header to get more pin spaces!

61DOJeA12-L._AC_SL1499_.jpg