advice on overclockming my 1060 strix 6G OC versiom

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
dkUF4fj
i have on GPU tweak 2 GPU clock maxed out to 1939, gpu voltage 0%, memory clock maxed out to 8488,
fan speed default,power target 116,GPU temp target 92C, frame rate target 0, i got a score of 4803 sustain on FurMark 1080P, i wanna check if i can push it a bit more (just for the fun of it ill use the normal OC profile they have or gaming just for casual playing) btw can it dmg my card? and is GPU tweak 2 good? ty all <3
picture links: http://imgur.com
dkUF4fj

We all like to get something for nothing.
I would not bother for a minimal benefit.
Your card is already overclocked.
Graphics card vendors bin their chips and use the better ones in factory overclocked versions
that they can sell for more. You may be able to OC more, but then again, perhaps not.
They try to differentiate by adding cosmetics and fancy coolers which also sell for more.
I do think you get fair value from a modest factory overclocked card.
If you need more performance, they buy a higher tier card in the first place.

Jan 5, 2019
Do not let it run too hot cards will only get damaged because there is too much heat or there is going to much power trough the card but most programs wont even allow you that far. Putting GPU voltage up CAN have damage over time but not in another 3/4 years puttting the voltage on 100% allows you to OC a bit further. Just keep putting it higher but stop if you see any artifacts or if you had full system crashes(Cannot damage the system) then go back -5mhz on the clock and -20mhz on the memery. Keep in mind that it is not running to hot and test it at full load to see if it does not crash at the current preset.

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018

i bought it a month ago and it's enough for me, i just wanna get high scores on userbenchmark 3dmark (myb) in a bit and furmark, when i use it normally i use it on the normal settngs just wanted some advice on how to OC it so i can reach that 1% percentile of 1060's in user benchmark :)

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018

when i got the 4803 FurMark score temps were 67C max avg 65 or 64 fans at 50%