Question Advice on RAM

filippekar2

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Hi everyone. So basically I'm planning to upgrade my RAM. I'm thinking 2x8gb 3000MHz (not sure which one yet). I'm already running 2x4gb 2133Mhz Corsair RAM and I was reading on the internet that this can cause compatibility problems since the new RAM will most likely be a different brand entirely and higher speed.
Should I just remove my previous RAM and run this one solo?
Also I'm thinking to get a G Skill TridentZ but it seems you can only run this with an Intel CPU although I'm not sure about that. i have also seen that G.Skill Ripjaws V Series is quite cheap. Is this a lower quality series?
I would appreciate any recommendations for the new RAM.
Some info:
I'm running Ryzen 5 1600 with a GTX 1060 3GB. My budget is around 100$ (can do some more if necessary). As for the site I just use amazon.com
Thanks in advance.

waynakiama

Reputable
BANNED
Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone. So basically I'm planning to upgrade my RAM. I'm thinking 2x8gb 3000MHz (not sure which one yet). I'm already running 2x4gb 2133Mhz Corsair RAM and I was reading on the internet that this can cause compatibility problems since the new RAM will most likely be a different brand entirely and higher speed.
Should I just remove my previous RAM and run this one solo?
Also I'm thinking to get a G Skill TridentZ but it seems you can only run this with an Intel CPU although I'm not sure about that. i have also seen that G.Skill Ripjaws V Series is quite cheap. Is this a lower quality series?
I would appreciate any recommendations for the new RAM.
Some info: Source
I'm running Ryzen 5 1600 with a GTX 1060 3GB. My budget is around 100$ (can do some more if necessary). As for the site I just use amazon.com
Thanks in advance.
2x8gb This will be suitable for you. Facing Ram issue and upgrade 2x8gb then everything will be fine now.