Build Advice Advice top of the range PSU, reliable brand, 400/500 watts, 3/5 years warranty

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
Please don't spam the forum, keep it to 1 thread.
hello, (for those who are a little more expert in power supplies, I ask for some special advice. I thank you regardless, removed

I need a power supply that I would use for 3 years and I would change it before the 3 years are over, for these 3 years I will not buy a dedicated gpu, therefore keep in mind that I need a quality power supply, (top of the range), which keeps "healthy" the PC "/ safely the powered components and to avoid even a minimal drop in performance of the mobo and CPU.

I DON'T want one of those famous PSUs to last, I can make that compromise and get a power supply that would do an excellent job in a short time span (3 years) so "short term quality let's say". In this regard, I give you some filters that I think should help (I ask you anyway because I know the scope, but I don't know anything about recent models on the market) the filters are: 1 famous brand 1 reliable platform. 2 maximum 5-year guarantee, preferably 3 (I said famous brand because otherwise the guarantee would not have been valid if it were from a little-known brand). 3 ripple as low as possible and all the most varied integrated fail-safe systems (OVP, OCP, SCP, UVP, SIP). 4 power between 400/450 watts (maximum, maximum 500)

I repeat I don't need components that last 10 years, I can make that compromise, but I would like a power supply that for those 3 years does the best possible, so when it comes to capacitors (I do an example) of a certain type to increase the duration or types of resistors made to last a long time, that's what I DON'T want,

I don't care. I am aware that it is a somewhat unusual request and almost senseless eyes of a little expert, because in the end a good PSU lasts a long time, so I am referring to those who know these things well

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hello, (for those who are a little more expert in power supplies, I ask for some special advice. I thank you regardless, removed

I need a power supply that I would use for 3 years and I would change it before the 3 years are over, for these 3 years I will not buy a dedicated gpu, therefore keep in mind that I need a quality power supply, (top of the range), which keeps "healthy" the PC "/ safely the powered components and to avoid even a minimal drop in performance of the mobo and CPU.

I DON'T want one of those famous PSUs to last, I can make that compromise and get a power supply that would do an excellent job in a short time span (3 years) so "short term quality let's say". In this regard, I give you some filters that I think should help (I ask you anyway because I know the scope, but I don't know anything about recent models on the market) the filters are: 1 famous brand 1 reliable platform. 2 maximum 5-year guarantee, preferably 3 (I said famous brand because otherwise the guarantee would not have been valid if it were from a little-known brand). 3 ripple as low as possible and all the most varied integrated fail-safe systems (OVP, OCP, SCP, UVP, SIP). 4 power between 400/450 watts (maximum, maximum 500)

I repeat I don't need components that last 10 years, I can make that compromise, but I would like a power supply that for those 3 years does the best possible, so when it comes to capacitors (I do an example) of a certain type to increase the duration or types of resistors made to last a long time, that's what I DON'T want,

I don't care. I am aware that it is a somewhat unusual request and almost senseless eyes of a little expert, because in the end a good PSU lasts a long time, so I am referring to those who know these things well
Not using a video card this would work. I have one in a PC and had no problems.
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CV45...LZ1H/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
I was unable to link the 2 models, however they are an LC Power lc6460gp4 (460 watt) and a Master MWE White 230V V2 (450 watt) cooler. I do not care which of the 2 has the best value for money, I would like to take the most qualitative and good (which is why I would be oriented towards the most expensive, but as I am ignorant of the specifications of the 2 models maybe it could be the opposite, so I ask to you). Please note that I will keep this PSU for about 3 years, not so much then. I'm just asking you one thing, but is LC Power group regulated?

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
Both are nothing good.
What are specs of the pc, you intend to power with this new PSU?
i5 12600k, NO dedicated gpu, one between 400/500 watts, no more, I really don't need it. Warranty not necessarily 10 years, because I will change it after 3/4 years. despite the low watts I want a top of the range, with low ripple etc ...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
There's no top of the range here. Or middle of the range. I'd probably choose the Cooler Master given the choice as it's an inefficient, cheaply made PSU that's kind of modern while the LC Power is a more efficient, cheaply made PSU that's old and group-regulated.

I'm a little confused why there's an investment being made in a brand new Intel platform and robust i5 with almost no investment made in the safety of these parts. I wouldn't hesitate for even a second to drop 20 bucks or euros to get a competent budget PSU like a Corsair CX.

Reactions: Grealish01

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
There's no top of the range here. Or middle of the range. I'd probably choose the Cooler Master given the choice as it's an inefficient, cheaply made PSU that's kind of modern while the LC Power is a more efficient, cheaply made PSU that's old and group-regulated.

I'm a little confused why there's an investment being made in a brand new Intel platform and robust i5 with almost no investment made in the safety of these parts. I wouldn't hesitate for even a second to drop 20 bucks or euros to get a competent budget PSU like a Corsair CX.
I agree, for the safety of the powered parts (CPU, mobo) in addition to the cx which would you take? (always top of the range 400/500 watts)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Anything Tier B or better on this list.

The modern (2015ish and newer) CX series tends to be among the least expensive PSUs worth buying and tends to have some of the widest availability.

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022

@DSzymborski I think you are wrong, lC-Power is not old, that is the gp3, I am referring to the gp4