[SOLVED] Advise for a rock solid UPS

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015
Hi everyone !

Like is written in the subject, I'd like an advise for a top quality UPS.
Details as follows:

• Equipment protected:
◦ 1 gaming system, PSU is Corsair HXi850, used at 50% when folding
​
◦ 1 Bose soundbar (should be 80 W I think)
​
◦ 1 DVD player (80 W ?)
​
◦ 1 Samsung TV (200 W)
​
◦ 1 Netgear small switch (20 W ?)
​
◦ 2 TV decoders (40 W ?)​

• Electrical environment:
◦ highly hostile: frequent power drops and cuts, lightning strikes. Actually, last month, it stroke nearby, tripped the household main breaker, killed off the internet box, and also the venerable backUPS that was protecting my then running gaming system ! Ah yes, I also have a very powerful radio/TV emitter nearby, causing radio being played at fixed time, I’m not sure how, maybe resonation in the household wiring ? LOL, I thought I was hearing voices !​

So ,end of the day, I think the setup won’t consume more than 800 W when folding + watching TV, which looks like a worst case scenario.

I’m thinking at buying a CP1500EPFCLCD.

Any thought, better advice from you, guys ?

Thanks in advance !

PS: ah, forgot to say: I MUST have the ability for the UPS to politely request a clean shutdown from the PC, when it runs out of battery 😊

dimtodim

Reputable
Hi everyone !

Like is written in the subject, I'd like an advise for a top quality UPS.
Details as follows:

• Equipment protected:
◦ 1 gaming system, PSU is Corsair HXi850, used at 50% when folding
​
◦ 1 Bose soundbar (should be 80 W I think)
​
◦ 1 DVD player (80 W ?)
​
◦ 1 Samsung TV (200 W)
​
◦ 1 Netgear small switch (20 W ?)
​
◦ 2 TV decoders (40 W ?)​

• Electrical environment:
◦ highly hostile: frequent power drops and cuts, lightning strikes. Actually, last month, it stroke nearby, tripped the household main breaker, killed off the internet box, and also the venerable backUPS that was protecting my then running gaming system ! Ah yes, I also have a very powerful radio/TV emitter nearby, causing radio being played at fixed time, I’m not sure how, maybe resonation in the household wiring ? LOL, I thought I was hearing voices !​

So ,end of the day, I think the setup won’t consume more than 800 W when folding + watching TV, which looks like a worst case scenario.

I’m thinking at buying a CP1500EPFCLCD.

Any thought, better advice from you, guys ?

Thanks in advance !

PS: ah, forgot to say: I MUST have the ability for the UPS to politely request a clean shutdown from the PC, when it runs out of battery 😊

the best way is https://pcpartpicker.com/ add all components and u will see in right corner W multiply with 1.6 and u will get optimum for your system...also u can see all combability clearly