Build Advice Parts advice for a new build ?

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Greetings community!

I need a little assistance in picking the parts for a new PC.

These are the parts that I have chosen and I would be grateful for any help in swapping parts or just what the overall impression is:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JohnMatheson/saved/HbRMvK

Nmkkv9W.png

(if you like you can also see the manufacturer's site and what they offer from each section: https://www.komplett.no/configure/1...-pc-epic-gaming-a230-esport-edition#undefined. It is in Norwegian, but you can press the "endre" messaged that has a pencil icon on it on each part and it will tell you what you can swap between.

What I have changed myself (since you can swap some parts around on the getgo before ordering)

- Changed the cooler which was CM ML360L Core ARGB before, because I noticed a few people saying it was a bit loud.

Other than that I am wondering if I should get a better version of the RTX 4070 or if this one is good enough for 144P gaming (and maybe even 4K)

Thank you for the assistance!:)

Last edited:
Greetings community!

These are the parts that I have chosen and I would be grateful for any help in swapping parts or just what the overall impression is:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JohnMatheson/saved/#view=HbRMvK

ORkccaw.png

(if you like you can also see the manufacturer's site and what they offer from each section: https://www.komplett.no/configure/1...-pc-epic-gaming-a230-esport-edition#undefined. It is in Norwegian, but you can press the "endre" messaged that has a pencil icon on it on each part and it will tell you what you can swap between.

What I have changed myself (since you can swap some parts around on the getgo before ordering)

- Changed the cooler which was CM ML360L Core ARGB before, because I noticed a few people saying it was a bit loud.

Other than that I am wondering if I should get a better version of the RTX 4070 or if this one is good enough for 144P gaming (and maybe even 4K)

What is your budget (Norwegian Krone).

Reactions: Frindis

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
What is your budget (Norwegian Krone).
Around 23.000 NK.

At least case isn't a fish tank
https://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-G500A-DRGB.html

I could guess CPU is a 7800x3d given I know them from elsewhere. They can correct me if I am wrong.

Can AMD systems run 6000 mhz ram yet? I know there are some problems running faster speeds, I just don't keep track of it.
Messed up again, but the card is AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Tray, so you are correct.

Why choose aio over air? If cpu is indeed 78003D it doesn't need water. Hsf generally lasts forever, aio pump is a ticking time failure waiting to happen :)
I am not 100% sure that my friend can use that tower since he is allergic (there is a lot of pollen where he lives) and it is mesh, which is why I am also looking at the be quiet silent base 601 mid-tower which is closed. I'm not sure if I am correct here, but I believe it is better with a water cooler at least in a closed tower?

Do you already own a CPU????
It is the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Tray. I blame the summer heat😅

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I am not 100% sure that my friend can use that tower since he is allergic (there is a lot of pollen where he lives) and it is mesh, which is why I am also looking at the be quiet silent base 601 mid-tower which is closed. I'm not sure if I am correct here, but I believe it is better with a water cooler at least in a closed tower?

Air purifier will solve that issue if he suffers pollen.

Aio radiator fans still needs to pull in air to cool the water so no different to having intake fans.

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Air purifier will solve that issue if he suffers pollen.

Aio radiator fans still needs to pull in air to cool the water so no different to having intake fans.
Thank you for the input, air it is:)

How do you guys feel about the Asus Dual Evo OC RTX 4070 Super 12GB Video Card? I noticed that there are so many different types of them, so I am not sure if upgrading to another one would be better. I noticed some for maybe 50-100 dollars more but they almost seem the same, like these:

-MSI GeForce RTX Ventus 2X 4070 SUPER OC
-PNY GeForce RTX VERTO 4070 SUPER
-ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER EVO

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (kr4289.00 @ Proshop)
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (kr448.00 @ Proshop)
Motherboard: *Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard (kr1966.00 @ Proshop)
Memory: *G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (kr1599.00 @ Proshop)
Storage: *Lexar NM710 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (kr1600.00 @ Proshop)
Video Card: *Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card (kr8190.00 @ Proshop)
Case: *Phanteks XT PRO ULTRA ATX Mid Tower Case (kr1206.00 @ Proshop)
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (kr1349.00 @ Proshop)
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - Download 64-bit (kr1486.00 @ Proshop)
Total: kr22133.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-17 19:06 CEST+0200

ccfonzie

Honorable
Jan 21, 2018
Greetings community!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JohnMatheson/saved/HbRMvK

Nmkkv9W.png

DONT EVER pay for FULL price on an a operating system. Go to Stack Social and get a Windows license for $24. Pro or Home. Yes it's 100% legit. I bought my OS for Windows 11 pro for $25 2 months ago and the key worked great. The same as Microsoft Office 2019 for $15. I will never pay full price for software again. I wish I bought Windows 10 though. Window 11 sucks. Just make a boot disk for the OS of choice.

Removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Thank you for the input @Why_Me. I'll go over the list and compare it to the other components already mentioned and see what is available at the manufacturer that I and my friend will buy from (Komplett).

DONT EVER pay for FULL price on an a operating system. Go to Stack Social and get a Windows license for $24. Pro or Home. Yes it's 100% legit. I bought my OS for Windows 11 pro for $25 2 months ago and the key worked great. The same as Microsoft Office 2019 for $15. I will never pay full price for software again. I wish I bought Windows 10 though. Window 11 sucks. Just make a boot disk for the OS of choice.

https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-windows-11-home-retail-king
Didn't even think about that, thanks for the tip:)

Reactions: Why_Me and ccfonzie

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you not heard of updating GPU later? I figure having a more powerful CPU gives him room to move in future.

Can't say I ever picked a CPU based on what GPU I am getting, besides making sure CPU powerful enough to run it.

Exactly. I go through more gpu upgrades than i do cpu. Last cpu before upgrading to 11700k was 2600k and that had a few graphics cards throughout it's life time which was about 12 years.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think almost all my pc have had at least two GPU in them.
Last one had a 960 & 980 in it,
this one has had a 2070 Super and a 7900 XT in it.

one of my older PC went through 3 GPU in its life, but it was almost 9 when I stopped using it.

I am almost at stage I have had more GPU than storage drives, and that is impressive for storage as they used to die a lot. Its been years since I had one die now.

Reactions: Frindis and boju

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Thanks for the help guys, the PC is now ordered. The only thing I changed from what I shared was an air cooler instead of water cooler and I went for be quiet! Pure rock 2 CPU cooler that I read was one of the better one in it's price range. My friend also wanted another SSD after my recommendations, so we landed on the 1TB of the one already mentioned. The GPU I decided not to change, because it did ok in the tests and my friend isn't going to be running the most extreme AAA titles anyways.

Reactions: boju

rene641

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Have you not heard of updating GPU later? I figure having a more powerful CPU gives him room to move in future.

Can't say I ever picked a CPU based on what GPU I am getting, besides making sure CPU powerful enough to run it.
It's not worth it now, the new generation of Ryzens is just around the corner, then the price of the 7800x3d will also drop

g-unit1111

Titan
I think almost all my pc have had at least two GPU in them.
Last one had a 960 & 980 in it,
this one has had a 2070 Super and a 7900 XT in it.

one of my older PC went through 3 GPU in its life, but it was almost 9 when I stopped using it.

I am almost at stage I have had more GPU than storage drives, and that is impressive for storage as they used to die a lot. Its been years since I had one die now.

Same here, I upgraded my PC back in January to a 7800X3D and I'm still reusing my 3060TI for the time being. I'll probably upgrade to a 4070 Super or 7900GRE if I can find one for a decent price.

USAFRet

Titan

https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-windows-11-home-retail-king
I'm just curious how someone can sell a $100 product for $25.
How does that work?