Build Advice Parts advice for a new build ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Greetings community!

I need a little assistance in picking the parts for a new PC.

These are the parts that I have chosen and I would be grateful for any help in swapping parts or just what the overall impression is:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JohnMatheson/saved/HbRMvK

Nmkkv9W.png

(if you like you can also see the manufacturer's site and what they offer from each section: https://www.komplett.no/configure/1...-pc-epic-gaming-a230-esport-edition#undefined. It is in Norwegian, but you can press the "endre" messaged that has a pencil icon on it on each part and it will tell you what you can swap between.

What I have changed myself (since you can swap some parts around on the getgo before ordering)

- Changed the cooler which was CM ML360L Core ARGB before, because I noticed a few people saying it was a bit loud.

Other than that I am wondering if I should get a better version of the RTX 4070 or if this one is good enough for 144P gaming (and maybe even 4K)

Thank you for the assistance!:)

Last edited:

rene641

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Same here, I upgraded my PC back in January to a 7800X3D and I'm still reusing my 3060TI for the time being. I'll probably upgrade to a 4070 Super or 7900GRE if I can find one for a decent price.
Every man is the architect of his own fortune. I would only upgrade the CPU if I managed to get a better GPU for a decent price, not the other way around...

g-unit1111

Titan
Every man is the architect of his own fortune. I would only upgrade the CPU if I managed to get a better GPU for a decent price, not the other way around...

Yeah but the one thing you have to look at too, is that GPUs are crazy expensive right now. Mid-range GPUs like the 7900GRE and the 4070 Super are still $600. Gaming PCs are a luxury item, and even mid range to higher end GPUs are a luxury item within a luxury item. If you've got a GPU to spare to hold out until one comes along that you can afford that is in your price range, then by all means use it.

rene641

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
I absolutely agree, most PC components and especially GPUs are very expensive. I didn't buy new PC components, I don't even remember, my entire PC is secondhand. It's my hobby and it saves a lot of money. For example, I bought my RTX 4080 Super damaged for $700 and fixed it.

ccfonzie

Honorable
Jan 21, 2018
I'm just curious how someone can sell a $100 product for $25.
How does that work?

First off, I did it and it works. It's all OEM license codes. If it didn't work, I wouldn't tell others to use it and save money. CNET wrote about it. I bought it, paid for it through PAYPAL just to be safe. Made a flash drive from Microsoft and entered the email code. I did my research and believed it was legit. Check the Ratings on Trust Pilot, Trust Advisor, and Reseller Ratings. I also used Product Keys for Microsoft Office. And yes it did work. I worked totally fine for me.

https://www.productkeys.com/product...oA3DqsMf5BYNJYMaxj8NsAHAyV0FJo-IaAlpbEALw_wcB