Adwanced Warfare lags at multiplayer

GingerDahl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I've been playing Adwanced Warfare for a while now. Almost every time (like four out of five times) I join a server, the first 2-3 minutes i lagging so much it's not possible to play the game in a proper way.

Can this somehow have anything to do with the hardware in my computer. I am running with:
Intel Core i5 4670 Quad Core @ 3.4GHz
2-Way SLI EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked ACX 2GB
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
120GB Kingston SSD

itsDolan

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2014
This may not be your computers fault if it's only happening in multiplayer. It may be your internet connection or the connection to the host may be weak.

Vynavill

Honorable
If we're talking about network lag...
Bandwidth means nothing if you're connecting, let's say, from America to a Russia-based host.

AFAIK dedicated servers still aren't here (and likely will not be for at least a month or two), as they have been confirmed as a feature to look forward to, but no ETA was given for them. Even with a 100mbps connection, you would still have a bad ping towards someone who is on the other half of the world...
Then you have to put in all those fancy technologies on the mouths of everyone, like lag compensation, restricted or moderate evaluated NATs, obnoxious ISP enforced firewalls, etc...

For a good ping, you want a moderate or open NAT with people from your own country, which is almost a miracle nowadays on any PC edition of any COD.

If we're talking about graphical lag (although the term is improperly used here)...
IDK if the game still has issues with crossfire/SLI setups, nor if it still has memory leaking issues, but I'm blaming the 2GB VRAM. This game is quite VRAM/RAM hungry, and while your 8GB of RAM suffice for max settings, your 2GB of VRAM may bog things a bit down.
Get your settings down a notch and see if it still "lags"