Question Aeorus b450 pro, DRAM -red light

88.ghost

Honorable
Aug 6, 2018
Hi, i have a problem i was in the middle of building my new pc i was at the stage of going to my old pc turning it off and taking m2 drives from it to my new pc, after removing drives leaving ssd with system instaled my old pc wont turn on and gives me red light on dram motherboard.
so far i did, switch possition of my ram sticks, run it with only 1, and reseting cmos/bios by removing battery, so far nothing is helping, any idea what it might be ?
aeorus b450 pro + R5 5600

Lutfij

Titan
Your board has a backup BIOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins. Place ram in slots A2 and B2. See if that helps bring the platform to life.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your ram. Try and borrow ram from a friend or neighbor and see if that alleviates the problem, and narrows the issue down to your ram kit. You can rule out your processors integrated memory controller by dropping your ram kit and processor onto a known working motherboard(with the right BIOS version).

If your motherboard BIOS is what went corrupt and the backup BIOS doesn't help, then you will need the aid of a CH341A BIOS programmer toolkit to reflash the BIOS to the latest version.

88.ghost

Honorable
Aug 6, 2018
ram is corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 16gb 3200MHz cl16, unfortunetly i have only other ddr3 and ddr5 rams and no one around with ddr4 to check.
Right now trying bios reset will put it back in 30min and report back.