Aerocool DS230 Case's Lighting Color Depends On Fan Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
When will case makers learn that we need triple 140 fans in front and top. the cases have more than enough room to accommodate the fans but they just keep with the usual 3x120 or 2x140.

Im kinda puzzled as to why the rear fan is only 120 and not 140.

RangerSnuggles

Commendable
May 12, 2016
> Im kinda puzzled as to why the rear fan is only 120 and not 140.

Most new motherboards have big plastic shrouds over the USB/keyboard/video ports. (I have an NZXT midtower and an asus skylake board and it only fits a 120MM back there because of that plastic part).

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

What is a NZXT midtown and what is a Asus Skyline board?

Kindly provide the exact case model like Source, H440, etc and the motherboard model as my google searchs keep showing me pictures of phone cases for skyline board.
:)

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

After viewing your NZXT case, you can only fit a 120mm fan in the rear because the case only supports a 120mm fan in the rear. The plastic shroud on the Z170-AR have no impact on the fan. If youre case was a H440 and the Z170-AR blocked the install of a 140mm fan and only allowed a 120mm fan then I would understand the conflict between new motherboards with IO shrouds and 140mm fans :)

Has anyone else wondered how much Nvidia pays these case manufactures to have their cards in them? Most released pictures of new cases seem to always have Nvidia GPU's in them and very few AMD. Just seems to beg to ask the question of "How much money did you get?".

None the less, Because of the sound deadening material already installed I'm thinking this case will be good for a powerful HTPC in my living room.

Typically 140mm fans are quieter than the 120mm fans since they need to spin at a slower speed to push the same amount of air. So the sound deadening will help more with CPU and GPU cooler noise.

comedichistorian

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Really love that bottom gap and I second Warsaw, an acrylic window would be lovely. It'll cost you in decibels but always worth it in my experience.

Because that costs a lot of money and sleeve bearing fans can't be used on top.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Its not a "cost" issue more of they are too lazy to do it. The manufacturer can place slots there to accommodate triple 120 or triple 140. They do not have to include fans with the case as many builders scrap case fans and use their preferred brand. By not including fans the customer can decide what ever bearing they want to use, sleeve, ball, hydraulic, magnetic, etc.

This have all been done before but I only see it in EATX cases never ATX cases. I just find it odd that they have the room to put in triple 140 fans in many of the ATX cases but they don't

Status
Not open for further replies.