Aerocool Shows Completely Open-Air PC Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This will make a superb build bench for sure, cant wait for it!

By design, cases need to be cheaply manufactured. Having said that, these cases that try to look sci-fi, end up looking like 80s-90s b-movie sci-fi props. no thanks. take some design ideas from the auto industry and you'll have a much nicer looking product.

Compulsive1

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I always got better cooling when the air was tunneled by larger case fans onto the CPU. With the case's sides removed my CPU temperature was normally a few degrees higher. I don't see the point of this open case design.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]By design, cases need to be cheaply manufactured. Having said that, these cases that try to look sci-fi, end up looking like 80s-90s b-movie sci-fi props. no thanks. take some design ideas from the auto industry and you'll have a much nicer looking product.[/citation]

that or the prodictions of the 80s where true @.@ people in the future will have no sense of asthetics :D

verbalizer

Distinguished
I still rather have this:
Antec Skeleton ATX Open Air Gamer Case
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0300159
861583_01_front_comping.jpg

G

Perhaps I am just old fashioned. The way I understand a computer case seems to be radically defied by what cases like this one represents. Air flow and pressure is one aspect that is generally ignored here, the article suggests that it being open increases air flow, but I see the opposite happening in this situation. But next to that, there is a complete disregard for the safety of the hardware itself. it makes you wonder why they bother with a case at all.

If the case being open doesn't matter, you may as well just set the motherboard upon a piece of wood. There is a reason why grounding a pc case is important and why computers in an acrylic or sitting with plastic standoffs have a higher rate of failure.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]sdf4t5645645[/nom]Perhaps I am just old fashioned. The way I understand a computer case seems to be radically defied by what cases like this one represents. Air flow and pressure is one aspect that is generally ignored here, the article suggests that it being open increases air flow, but I see the opposite happening in this situation. But next to that, there is a complete disregard for the safety of the hardware itself. it makes you wonder why they bother with a case at all.If the case being open doesn't matter, you may as well just set the motherboard upon a piece of wood. There is a reason why grounding a pc case is important and why computers in an acrylic or sitting with plastic standoffs have a higher rate of failure.[/citation]

Not always true. Also its not complete plastic. I have the Antec Skeleton. Works great. Running nice and cool and have been running it for about a year and a half and going strong.

qhoa1385

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
heh looks like the Striker X is either a love it or hate it
But I'd definitely prefer that over Antec Skeleton, it just looks awesome!

Do I like it? Hell yes
would I use it? nah

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
The first one IS ugly... I would never want my computer to look like that. They need to simplify the design of the front. And the first two pictures dont show the most important part of this design, the side door. Is the side door a giant vent?

Status
Not open for further replies.