PREST0

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
What is anisotropic filtering supposed to do anyway? I have a p42.66 512 dual channel ddr built by ati radeon 9600 non pro 128 meg. I enabled it at 16x then went into desert combat and checked my framerate, there was literally no performance hit at all. But I also didnt notice that it looked any different. Well the 2d text was changed, not any better looking just a bit different. So is AF supposed to make stuff look better, or is it supposed to provide faster performance?

filters the textures to make them look better. It requires more GPU power. There are loads of explanations, google it

<A HREF="http://www.tubgirl.com" target="_new">Don't Click This - Please! (NSFW)</A>

PREST0

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
well after using it at its highest setting on most of my games today, I really dont see the big deal. AA on the other hand does have a nice visual impact that is clearly noticeable. But AA seems to hit the gpu harder than AF and I need my fps to be smooth. I guess I am just not that interested in using either of these settings.