[SOLVED] After BSOD PC keeps restarting during boot up, unplugging monitor helps

kokosis

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Dear users, I urgently need some help with my PC. The story: I was using my computer monitor for my PC and PS4 via DVI (HDMI to DVI adapter for PS4) for a few months now. Last night I had my pc running, but PS4 connected on display. I finished gaming, turned off PS4 and then I tried turning off my PC with button so I didn't have to connect it to monitor again, but it didn't work, the computer kept buzzing. So i tried long pressing power button, still it didn't help. Finally I connected my monitor to pc to see whats up (maybe an update), but the screen was black, so I got a little annoyed and just turned off the PSU with the button ( I know very stupid). Today, i tried turning on the PC, all was fine, I got to the windows login, but suddenly received a blue screen of death. PC restarted, tried fixing the disk and doing some automatic restoring but with no luck it kept restarting. I had the error "windows srttrail.txt log error". So I did some googling and tried this fix : "After your computer restarts several times, you should see Windows 10 Boot Options menu. When Boot Options menu appears, you need to do the following:

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
Select Command Prompt from the list of options.
When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot"

After putting in those commands, I selected shut down pc and waited. But this time it got worse, the pc started restarting again, but this time I didnt even get to windows loading or even BIOS, the monitor was black. After a couple of restarts it shows ASUS mobo dual bios screen for a short time and then keeps restarting again. One interesting thing I noticed, is that when I unplug the monitor, the PC then keeps running and does not restart! It keeps buzzing, but I dont know whats happening, because when I put the cable back into monitor, I get no signal. And if I restart again with monitor, same problems persists - restarts, with every fifth restart showing asus dual boot screen for 5 sec. Any ideas? I already did the following:

Removed and put back RAM one by one
Removed and put back in MoBO battery
Removed and put back in GPU, HDD, SSD.
The GPU lights are flashing so its working, PSU fan is spinning, CPU aswell.
Tried connecting DVI directly to MoBO (but i have no integrated gpu)
Tried connecting monitor to GPU with ps4 hdmi cable directly to gpu

Any help would be highly appreciated!

My specs (from memory):
corsairs cx500w
geforce 1050ti
intel i5 cpu with no intergrated gpu (i think 3550p)
8 gb ram
samsung ssd
500 gb HDD
asus mobo
windows 10

Solution
Try unplugging the monitor cable (and power cord from monitor) from the PC and monitor. Then reconnect the cables and reboot.

This is an odd error.