After cleaning my CPU nothing shows up in monitor.

Ephion

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Yesterday I decided to clean the dust out of my PC, but after assembling everything again and turning on my PC the monitor stays in Power Saving Mode, I mean, I don't get the "No Signal" message but the monitor stays black. I went through everything again to be sure everything was plugged correctly and my monitor stays black.

To resume:

- Monitor stays in Power saving mode, so I assume it's getting signal but not images.
- I'm sure my Graphics Card is installed correctly, and I tried removing it and using the integrated card and I got the same result.
- I tried moving the RAM to another slot, no results.
- I have my motherboard connected to a speaker, but I get no beeps.
- All fans turn on and I get HDD sounds, but again no image on my monitor.

Any help is appreciated, and forgive my English please.

That's what I'm hoping.

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014

I think you mean when you were cleaning your PC, not your CPU :)

Ephion

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Exactly, sorry about that c:

Ephion

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

I just used a soft brush to remove the dust, nothing hard. And it seems that you had the problem, I actually don't know what went wrong because I was sure to put everything back on it's place and to fully insert the cables and cards the first time. Then I just opened the case again and unplugged everything and just assembled the PC from scratch, magically worked so I guess I was a cable or something that I didn't touched while disconnecting but maybe I moved it while brushing the dust.