Question After enabling SecureBoot and resetting FactoryKeys(PK), PC turns on, but Peripherals are not working

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 8, 2023
Valorant requested TCP 2.0 and Secure Boot Enabled after I recently switched to Windows 11. I followed this video (Guide) until ~1:35, then I pressed Save&Exit. After that my PC turns on, but non of the peripherals are working. All the fans and LED inside my PC work perfectly while mouse, keyboard and monitor don't even power on. I can't do anything or enter the BIOS. The light on my GPU started flickering intermittently instead of constant glow .I know this is a common problem, I've researched a lot and did not find any concrete affordable solution. My PC build was doing fine for a long time, so no problems with compatibility. All hardware is in a good state/condition. I can't flash my BIOS since my motherboard doesn't support Q-Flash PLUS.

My PC components:
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Ryzen 5 2600
Plait 1660S
G.Skill 2x8 3600MHz
Kingston SSD 480GB
Seagate HDD 1TB
AeroCool VX PLUS 600

What I've already tried:
-put RAMs in different slots, use single or double RAMs
-reset CMOS (by removing the battery and waiting minutes/hours/one night)
-reset CMOS though CLR_CMOS 2 pins
-reseat GPU
-reseat CPU and reapply the cooler and paste
-boot up without GPU, though HDMI on my motherboard port(I don't think my M/O or CPU have integrated graphics)
-removed all motherboard components , just kept the CPU and RAM.

Good morning, thank you. A have an opportunity to borrow an AMD CPU from a friend of mine. It's Ryzen 7 5800x. Will it suit me?
If you go looking for anything else (3400G, 2400G) it's just a wasted expense as it would be a side-grade at best but more likely a downgrade. So after fixing the system it's throw-away unless you can use it elsewhere. If you can find one, an Athlon 200GE (220GE, 240GE, 300GE) might work too, at least it will be cheaper even if still a throw-away after.

I'd suggest looking for a 5700G or 5600G. That would be an upgrade to your current 2600 for CPU performance, and maybe even for GPU since I don't remember what discrete GPU you have currently. The only down-side is the board would need to be on a BIOS that supports that processor, Ver. F61 or later, for it to work.

If you're forced into the 3400G or 2400G solution then also compare price of a new motherboard to what you'll pay for one. This might be the time for upgrading if budget allows and then you could also put that 5800X you get from a friend to good use.