Question After forced shutdown pc will not turn on

Sep 11, 2021
I had this problem once about a month ago and sent the motherboard in right before the warranty ran out, I only had the 3 month one so the motherboard is new, I also replaced the power supply for a bigger one around the same time.

Ok, the pc was running fine but had been on for a couple days so I restarted it and it got as far as no signal on displays and everything in my case was all on at 100% for about 5 mins. I tried using the power button for a forced shutdown and nothing, pc was still on. So I flipped the power switch on the power supply and let it sit off for a bit. When I turned it on the only thing showing power was my microphone and gpu. When I press the power button I get nothing, no reaction at all.

What I've tried is unplugging and plugging back in: cmos, all drives, gpu, gpu power cables, power supply, cpu power cable, the case power cables, and dram.
I've tried multiple fixes I've found and pc is still unresponsive. Maybe my case is shot.
Also had some problems before the first time this happened where the clock was always wrong, but I figured out it was because the a service which automatically sets it was turned to manual.

I'd appreciate any and all help.

Update: I'm going to warranty my psu which is only 3 months old to see if that fixes it.

Last edited: