Question After I buyed new GPU, my PC crashes totally random: Black Screen, All Peripherals loses power, including the monitor's signal from the card.

Aug 2, 2023
Hello, I have a big problem with my GPU (POWERCOLOR RX 5700XT RED DEVIL). My PC crashes random:Black Screen, All Peripherals loses power, including the monitor's signal from the card, but CPU cooler stays on and spins normally, Case fan spins, RGB on the GPU and case still on(no fluctuations), just GPU fan doesn't works. I buyed it 4 months ago second hand. I want to say, I tested it before (2 hours in furmark). I don't think GPU it's broken because in his PC worked perfectly fine. The first thing I suspected was the drivers, but in this 4 months I changed them every day (DDU + AMD Drivers every variant - Full|Minimal|Driver Only|). I know for sure the problem is not the drivers. I even tried modified AMD drivers(Amernime Zone) and no hope. And then I thought it is the RAM. I tried to run with one memory at a time, memtest 3 hours and no errors, and even XMP disable and BIOS default, but still no hope. If you think it is the PSU, I don't think it is, because I changed it too (it's new) and I tried to connect power surge directly into wall outlet. In conclusion other components are perfectly fine, because with my old gpu (Gigabyte GTX 1650 OC) worked perfectly fine and I didn't have any crash in 3 years. It seems that the GPU is problematic, but what problem do it have. I forgot to say I changed monitor refresh rate, i installed monitor drivers, I changed resolution with CRU. I observed that if I turn off PSU by button and after a while I turn PC back on, the pc has a guaranteed crash and then the crashes is happening often, but still random. Please help me with this problem, I don't have possibility to buy a new GPU and I need to run this one.

Aug 2, 2023
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
PSU: Aerocool VX Plus 750
RAM: 16gb ram dual channel, Patriot Viper Elite 2666mhz
GPU: POWERCOLOR RX 5700XT RED DEVIL 8GB

D

Deleted member 2731765

You need to replace the Aerocool VX Plus 750 PSU asap. That's a poor junk quality low Tier PSU. I don't usually trust any power supply made by Aerocool though, and these PSUs are meant to be used in iGPU systems with onboard graphics, not high end discrete GPUs.

Most likely your current PSU model is the culprit here.

Aug 2, 2023
Today I've buyed a new GPU (Nvidia Asus 3060) and the problems dissapeared. If you have the same problems the problem isn't the PSU but it is the GPU itself

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Today I've buyed a new GPU (Nvidia Asus 3060) and the problems dissapeared. If you have the same problems the problem isn't the PSU but it is the GPU itself

That's not how any of this works. You're still using a junk PSU and risking the GPU's long-term life, you're just using a junk PSU with a GPU that uses less watts.

You're basically arguing that you "fixed" your car with the broken brakes by driving slower.

Hopefully, nobody listens to this advice and if they do and bad things happen, you're willing to reimburse them for their broken GPU.

Reactions: NorbertPlays
Dec 14, 2023
Hello, I have a big problem with my GPU (POWERCOLOR RX 5700XT RED DEVIL). My PC crashes random:Black Screen, All Peripherals loses power, including the monitor's signal from the card, but CPU cooler stays on and spins normally, Case fan spins, RGB on the GPU and case still on(no fluctuations), just GPU fan doesn't works. I buyed it 4 months ago second hand. I want to say, I tested it before (2 hours in furmark). I don't think GPU it's broken because in his PC worked perfectly fine. The first thing I suspected was the drivers, but in this 4 months I changed them every day (DDU + AMD Drivers every variant - Full|Minimal|Driver Only|). I know for sure the problem is not the drivers. I even tried modified AMD drivers(Amernime Zone) and no hope. And then I thought it is the RAM. I tried to run with one memory at a time, memtest 3 hours and no errors, and even XMP disable and BIOS default, but still no hope. If you think it is the PSU, I don't think it is, because I changed it too (it's new) and I tried to connect power surge directly into wall outlet. In conclusion other components are perfectly fine, because with my old gpu (Gigabyte GTX 1650 OC) worked perfectly fine and I didn't have any crash in 3 years. It seems that the GPU is problematic, but what problem do it have. I forgot to say I changed monitor refresh rate, i installed monitor drivers, I changed resolution with CRU. I observed that if I turn off PSU by button and after a while I turn PC back on, the pc has a guaranteed crash and then the crashes is happening often, but still random. Please help me with this problem, I don't have possibility to buy a new GPU and I need to run this one.
Lower the RAM voltage by 0.25 V or safe increments thereof. I had a similar problem only lowering the RAM voltage fixed my issue.