After installing new drivers, PC fails to post, no beeps. Parts should be fine?

zacharythach

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
I recently had a fried motherboard due to the front panel usbs being shorted out. I replaced this board with another one that had the same CPU socket, chipset, and supported ram. When I booted for the first time Windows (10) gave me a notification that something was wrong and gave me the option to "reset this pc" while keeping my files. When this was done everything was fine, and I plugged in a flash drive with the motherboard CD files on it, downloading the drivers that were on it. I was prompted to restart my PC, and this is where the problems started. It never restarted, but instead began a boot loop with approximately 1 minute between boots. The PSU and GPU should both be fine, I just got them tested last week at a repair shop. When I took out the RAM the motherboard beeped multiple times, in a loop. What do I do? At this point I am so frustrated I'm ready to give up PC building...problems after problems after problems. Please, ANY help is appreciated.

Specs: Supermicro Microatx lga1150 ddr3 2600 C7Z97 M-O
Intel Core i7 4790k
MSI Geforce 980 TI
750 W PSU
G skill Sniper ddr3 1866 8gb (2)
Azza Csaz Full size case
256gb SSD

zacharythach

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018

All the parts except the motherboard were bought brand new about 3 and half years ago, I just bought the motherboard brand new a week ago.

zacharythach

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018

I will try this; the reason I didn't replace the case is because the usb ports caused the short, so I just didn't plug them in to the motherboard this time.