After market coolers for palit gtx 1060?

christoffe93

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone know of a after market coolers I can use on a palit gtx 1060 6gb? I went to spray my fan shroud white and the paint reacted so I put paint remover on the plastic and it's now melted. I've looked at the next g10-g12 solution but I'm hesitant because my vrms are on the left hand side so I don't know if it would be safe to run it like that as there will be no fan over them.

Solution
I don't think you will find VRMs usually near the GPU and memory on GTX 1060. For the memory you can always get some loose heatsinks and attach those with thermal adhesive, which is what most of the arctic kits did before they switched to the large cooling plates.

If it was the Palit Dual, there is one small VRM possibly, but it will be such low wattage it won't matter.

Scratch that, I see what you mean. That card is built completely backwards. Yeah, not sure you are going to find too many coolers that fit that.

Maybe something from EK if you don't mind spending a bit.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=2103

Yeah, one of their universal blocks would fit, but you would have to rig up something for VRM cooling.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think you will find VRMs usually near the GPU and memory on GTX 1060. For the memory you can always get some loose heatsinks and attach those with thermal adhesive, which is what most of the arctic kits did before they switched to the large cooling plates.

If it was the Palit Dual, there is one small VRM possibly, but it will be such low wattage it won't matter.

Scratch that, I see what you mean. That card is built completely backwards. Yeah, not sure you are going to find too many coolers that fit that.

Maybe something from EK if you don't mind spending a bit.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=2103

Yeah, one of their universal blocks would fit, but you would have to rig up something for VRM cooling.

Solution