Question After resetting pc what order do you install drivers?

Apr 13, 2022
Hello recently I accidentally deleted my AMD software by right clicking and uninstalling, i’m a new pc owner and had no idea what it was for. I started to experiencing issues while gaming, my gpu and cpu temp would raise rather quickly while sitting idle. once I noticed this I went to go re download the software but after this was still having trouble.

looked more into it and thought i had to clean uninstall graphics drivers using DDU and then re install gpu and chipset drivers. This did not work for me. I tried deleting and re installing both drivers many times switching between different driver versions and using auto detect and install. Still with no luck, I then reset my window 11 pre built pc keeping personal files hoping downloading the drivers from a clean slate would help.

I am still experiencing issues and not sure what to do anymore or if i have made the problem worse.

If anyone could point out what i’m doing wrong or anything i could do better pls let me know. thank you

pc: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB - 480GB SSD

Apr 13, 2022
i’m still having issues with gpu and cpu temp, everything will seem fine in use later i go to boot up my pc after not using it and the temperatures just keep jumping up while just sitting on the desktop screen

So - what temperatures are you getting on cpu and gpu? - at idle and at full load.
Use MSI afterburner to monitor temperatures.
It would be great, if you could show screenshots with temperature results.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What cpu cooler are you using?
What make/model RX 6600 are you using?

What pc case are you using?
How many fans installed?
Can you show a photo of your system with all the fans visible?

Reactions: punkncat
Apr 13, 2022
Not sure if drivers will do the job. You could try clean installing display drivers using DDU (DISPLAY DRIVER UNINSTALLER)
Search it on the web, and download it and hopefully you'll be ok.
If you are still having issues pls state the age of the GPU and if you have enough airflow to the interior. If the ventilation he's are blocked for some reason, unblock them.

If you are STILL having issues after trying my methods and other people's methods, go to a pc repair shop and get it checked.
Maybe it's time to upgrade to a new one then....

Apr 13, 2022
So - what temperatures are you getting on cpu and gpu? - at idle and at full load.
Use MSI afterburner to monitor temperatures.
It would be great, if you could show screenshots with temperature results.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What cpu cooler are you using?
What make/model RX 6600 are you using?

What pc case are you using?
How many fans installed?
Can you show a photo of your system with all the fans visible?
currently at work when i’m home i will try to post this information, thank you for your time i really appreciate it