Question After running Windows Disk Cleanup, BitDefender still finds more files ?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I only use Windows 11 built-in Disk Cleanup utility to clear any old files, as well as going into Settings > System > Storage > Temporary Files and clearing everything from there.

But when I run BitDefender's OneClick Optimizer, under Disk Cleanup > Windows Junk Files, it still finds over 200+MB of stuff that can still be removed (categorized as both "Temporary System Files" and "Windows Cache"

I'm wondering what BitDefender is still finding, that Windows built-in tools are missing during its cleanup process?

Ralston18

Titan
Remember that Windows cleanup has a number of checkboxes available that are used to tell Windows what to delete.

You may need to scroll down the list and select, for example, "Temporary System Files", etc..

Disk Cleanup for OS (run as Admin) > Disk Cleanup tab > scroll through files to delete to select as required.

Be sure to click OK before leaving the Window.

= = = =

As always should be being done ensure that all important data is backed up to locations away from the system being cleaned.

Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.