[SOLVED] After some power outage PC will automatically boot t BIOS

MLLapan1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
After some power outage PC will automatically boot to Windows, after some power outage PC will automatically boot to BIOS.
Once it boot to BIOS, I have to exit BIOS and than it goes to Windows.
Whats happening here?

Solution
The feature is named Boot Failure Guard Message
"If the computer fails to boot for a number of times the system automatically restores the default settings. "

I think this will happen as well, if the PC shuts down a couple of times as well.

A UPS would be the best option, Sometimes an outage can corrupt the file integrity of your storage and might lose data or the system can´t boot anymore.

MLLapan1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
After restarting/rebooting, does it still boot to BIOS?
Usually that´s a safety feature, if the computer thinks something is odd with BIOS settings and doesn´t run stable
Eventually the boot order is not set correctly anymore.

1. It can be 10 power outages, and it will once, or twice only boot to BIOS directly. In another words, it happens on some random power outages.
  2. When it does boot to BIOS, all I have to do is discard changes and close, and I am in Windows.
  3. No, it will not do this normally, only on power outage, or in another words hard reset.

Just tested...
  • HDTunes for my SSD, all blocks were green.
  • Windows 10 Memory Diagnostic Tool, all good.

I just never experienced this before with any computer I had.

"If the computer fails to boot for a number of times the system automatically restores the default settings. "

I think this will happen as well, if the PC shuts down a couple of times as well.

A UPS would be the best option, Sometimes an outage can corrupt the file integrity of your storage and might lose data or the system can´t boot anymore.

Solution

MLLapan1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017

Thanks, mate.
Its good to know that is not some weird thing.

Reactions: helpstar

TRENDING THREADS