[SOLVED] After turning on Watch dogs 2 my pc goes blank and even after several tries there is no display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayy__

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Hey there,

So I just downloaded watch dogs 2 and was playing it for a while(10 minutes) and suddenly my pc went blank and also there were no lights on my keyboard either. Then I did a force restart but even after that, I had no luck with the display.
The GPU fans were not running. After tempering with the DVI-D cable my keyboard started and the windows booted up too. But after a few seconds or so it got blank again and I had to force start it again.
Then I had to remove and install my GPU, use an eraser on it and plug in-plug out the 8-pin connector. After doing this several times it started again and I immediately went to AMD Radeon settings and disabled zero rpm to see if that solves the problem of the fans. But just as I clicked on watch dogs2 the screen went blank again.

It's basically a loop of this. I've also tried connecting it to my tv with HDMI cable to see if it was the issue with DVI-D cable or even monitor. It's most probably GPU issue but I just bought this card last week it shouldn't be dead I hope.

My specs:

PSU: cooler master 750w fully modular gold
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8x2 ddr4 4000mhz
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk max
GPU: MSI armour Rx 580 8gb ddr5
HDD: WD 1tb blue

Status
Not open for further replies.