After upgrade from amd cpu to intel cpu. Display stays black.

Niks Andersons

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Changed mobo ram cpu. And now my pc wont boot up properly. By that I mean it dosent boot up display.

My old working rig:
Amd FX6350 cpu.
8gb ram. Ddr3.
Asus M5A7BL-M mobo.
Nvidia GTX 960 gpu.
Corsair vs450 psu.

And the upgrade was:
Asrock B250 PRO4.
intel i5-7600 cpu.
2×4gb ddr4 ram.
And the rest was the same.

Please help.

Solution
try rulling out a shorted mb. try posting in on top of the mb box with one ram stick using onboard video see if you get the bios post. most new mb now have red post it lights. if ram or cpu has an issue there be a red led on the mb that wont turn oif. as you used the same case make sure the case not tuching the mb or the bottom of the cpu. check that the io shield not shorting the mb out.
Well if you are only using one monitor, and you tried different cables (even changed the source on the monitor) it could be a cable issue. BUt I would assume you tested the monitor somewhere else. So that leaves me to believe there is something not fully connecting. Are these new or used parts ?

try rulling out a shorted mb. try posting in on top of the mb box with one ram stick using onboard video see if you get the bios post. most new mb now have red post it lights. if ram or cpu has an issue there be a red led on the mb that wont turn oif. as you used the same case make sure the case not tuching the mb or the bottom of the cpu. check that the io shield not shorting the mb out.

Solution