Question After upgrading motherboard, cpu and ram i get random freezes when playing games.

Feb 19, 2019
The screen freeze randomly 3-4 times a day when i play games. The screen just freezes and i can't do anything. Ctrl Alt Dlt doesn't work. Tabbing out doesn't work. The only thing that work for a while is discord. I can hear people for some minutes and also talk to them but then it also freezes. I have to hard restart the computer to fix it. then i can play for 1-4 hours b4 next freeze happens. One time it froze i pressed Start Ctrl Shift B and it made a beeping sound and suddenly the pc was unfrozen and i could play more until the next freeze came 4 hours later, then i tried the same method but didn't work so i had to hard restart. This is really frustrating and so hard to troubleshoot since i don't get any error codes/messages.

My specs are:
  • I5 8400
  • GeForce GTX 980 Ti
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 2x 8GB
  • MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK, S-1151
  • 2 SSD one from samsung and the other i do not know
Game i experience this in: Atlas

Edit: Now it happens even tho im not playing games. I just listened to spotify and surfing on google chrome. Seems like windows is not responding at all

Edit 2: Finally managed to find an error message when this happens: "Event 129 iaStorAC. Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued." This message always shows in the Event Manager when my pc freeze. And now it usually freeze for 20-30 seconds before recovery.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019
"Event 129 iaStorAC. Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued " Anyone know what this is? I read that it might be related to my SSD disks/Intel Rapid Storage Technology