After windows 10 constant freezing, and blue screen. One final blue screen, no longer posts, no beeps, no display.

Nov 9, 2018
I'll make it short. After installing windows 10, I faced constant freeze (everything even mouse pointer, etc.) And ocassional blue screen. After booting to safe mode, one last blue screen occurred and then my pc no longer posts, beeps, and no display. I tried removing the RAM sticks to get beeps, still nothing.

At first I assumed that it was over heating in the cpu. So I was monitoring it while idle. Still freezes.

PARTS:
Core i3 4150 w/ stock HSF
Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V (rev. 1)
2 sticks of 2gb 1600mhz RAM
Zotaz GTX 1050ti
Toshiba 500gb (used hdd)
Corsair VS450

I also learned that the PSU can cause problems to with not the right match or something..

The Corsair VS power supplies are not very good. Specifically, they don't last as long as units that are built with quality capacitors and other components. They are cheap budget units, so they are what they are. How old is your VS450?

My recommendation would be that you probably ought to get a better power supply no matter what, and doing so would tell you if the power supply is the issue or not unless you know somebody with a capable enough 450w or higher unit that you can borrow for the purpose of testing.

Knowing those VS units I'd be inclined to agree that it could very well be the problem. Are you getting ANYTHING at all when you power up? Lights? Fans? Anything?

Have you tried removing the graphics card and connecting your monitor cable to the motherboard video outputs to eliminate the graphics card AND to lower the power consumption in order to see if the system will post without the extra power demands of the GPU card?

Nov 9, 2018

Yes, I removed the GPU just to avoid any further damage to it. Right after is I tested with the vs450 again and fans did spin but no lights on the board, even on the ethernet cable and lan no longer has lights. And then I borrowed a CX550M (I forgot) and had the same results there were spins but no beeps, no lights, no display, no nothing. We are assuming that the motherboard is dead. But in that sense how about my CPU? Is it still good to use?
Thanks for the reply btw.

So to be clear:
1. used iGPU so not graphics
2. swapped PSU so not power supply
3. no indications such as lights.

*Must be the motherboard IMO as you thought.

**CPU is most likely fine. Had there been some major power surge I'd be concerned but the CPU should not fail due to this.

Nov 9, 2018

I guess so. But kinda stange though as to what caused to end up dead. After many freezes and a couple of blue screens it resulted to this. Any clue on what could have caused this?