Sea of thieves is 75%-95% @ max settings
Apex is 85%-97% @ max settings

Msi 2060 Super gaming X
2700x on water
B450F
P5 1tb m.2
16gb @ 3200 CL16
evga supernova platinum 650w

Is my poor 2700x finally giving up the ghost, I know its no the bees knees anymore but will it really kick me in the nuts this hard at 1440p?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The platform is a bit dated, though perhaps see if your platform sees a slight uplift with a reinstallation of your GPU drivers, after using DDU. On a side note, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Check to see if your SSD has any firmware updates pending. Lastly, how old is the PSU in your build?

2700x on water
What would that mean? You're working with a custom loop or an AIO? Temps for your components(CPU+GPU) when taxed and idle?

Oct 31, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The platform is a bit dated, though perhaps see if your platform sees a slight uplift with a reinstallation of your GPU drivers, after using DDU. On a side note, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Check to see if your SSD has any firmware updates pending. Lastly, how old is the PSU in your build?

2700x on water
What would that mean? You're working with a custom loop or an AIO? Temps for your components(CPU+GPU) when taxed and idle?

Newest win 10 update aswell as the newest bios for my mobo. I DDU'ed my driver's last night, cyberpunk seemed to run at a constant 92% GPU usage afterwards. Now ssd firmware I haven't checked in a while, thanks for the tip. PSU is dated from sometime in Q2 of 2019. I have a corsair H100i on my 2700x
Idle is: GPU @ 30C-35C, Gaming 55C-62C, after closing a game the godforsaken MSI software shuts the fans off at 45C-50C after I turn off any games.
CPU: idle hovers at 30C-37C, Gaming/stress is a constant 50C but spikes to 55C-60Cish before the AIO kicks up.

I wanna update to a 3070 or 6700xt when hopefully the prices drop after the new and cards/4000 series come out then more importantly a 5600X/5700X on black Friday. Is this a good idea or should I just wait and do a full platform upgrade. I would really like to stick amd cpu but don't wanna go am5 just yet. Should I be at all worried about the EVGA PSU?

Edit: thanks very much for the help

Lutfij

Titan
I wanna update to a 3070 or 6700xt when hopefully the prices drop after the new and cards/4000 series come out then more importantly a 5600X/5700X on black Friday.
If this is the board you're working with;
then yeah a processor upgrade would be an uplift in your platform. 5700X would be my pick, though not above an Ryzen 7 ;)

If you can see if you can get a processor motherboard and ram combo whereby you get the processor stated above, a B550 chipset board and a DDR4-3600MHz dual channel ram kit. Sadly you will need to look into a higher wattage PSU if you do decide to go to an RTX3070.

Oct 31, 2022
I wanna update to a 3070 or 6700xt when hopefully the prices drop after the new and cards/4000 series come out then more importantly a 5600X/5700X on black Friday.
If this is the board you're working with;
then yeah a processor upgrade would be an uplift in your platform. 5700X would be my pick, though not above an Ryzen 7 ;)

If you can see if you can get a processor motherboard and ram combo whereby you get the processor stated above, a B550 chipset board and a DDR4-3600MHz dual channel ram kit. Sadly you will need to look into a higher wattage PSU if you do decide to go to an RTX3070.

I would like to see if there are any deals on B550 on black Friday, I'm in Canada usually there aren't any combo deals on things from what I've seen. Upgrading all this stuff is getting suspiciously close to a full system upgrade lol. Yeah my main goal is 5700x + 3070/6000series and or new amd. Will I really need a PSU higher the a plat 650?
Even at peak pull the system should do more than 550 even with a power draw spike? Or am I off my rocker?

Oct 31, 2022
Sahreee, yeap, location/regions do give some context as to what can and can't be done./ I was assuming you were in the U.S.A, hence the suggestion.

Even at peak pull the system should do more than 550 even with a power draw spike? Or am I off my rocker?
Look through Gamers Nexus video on GPU transient load spikes. Your PSU being of age isn't helping your cause either.

Yeah I'll check that out l, gotta look into an 850 I guess. I really should have mentioned location, sorry about that but other than that thanks very much for the help. I may just wait until black Friday and do a full system refresh or maybe I'll wait it out. PC is still pretty capable for what I want and I'm happy. If I do upgrade, 5700x, 3070/new amd/6000 series, B550, 850W plat PSU and maybe some other things

TLDR less college beer more PC bits

Last edited: