Age of Conan goes F2P, Unrated This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow i cant wait to play it when it becomes free to play! :D Come visit my computer website at www.Pchelpful.com

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Ah yes the old "we can't beat world of warcraft" business model.

Seriously though, this could do wonders for Age of Conan. It had a huge release but most players left due to the lack of end-game content and thousands upon thousands of bugs. That and they realized they liked WoW better.

But now that most of the bugs are fixed and there is more end-game content, the free reboot should bring some players back.

G

If they just got rid of the retarded combo attack system I'd go back to playing it for free. But as long as that terrible terrible combo system remains the game is not worth it.

Having to hit 13115 to do 1 instant attack is stupid! And having melee use their resource bar to do attacks and to run to be able to catch ranged as also really retarded and ruined the pvp.

G

This game was actually one of my favorite mmos ever. My computer just sucked to much to play it like I wanted. Maybe now that I have a better rig ill go back to it. This is one of the most beautiful games ive ever played though hands down.

G

naww I loved this game.. a shame they have lost the plot.
The best model i have seen is the one used by "Dragons Nest".

Free players get the chance to have the same gear as payed players.
However if you pay you get the gear early.. if you do not pay you
have a long slow path to get the gear..

The best system i think..

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Necro was the only class worth playing. 20 pets swarming over some noob was just ridiculous and if it was on water, my computer was a slideshow anyway.

G

The game has come miles and miles since release guys i confirm that since i resubbed about a year ago and im having a blast and looking so much for the future. Even the game runs much better now, i get a minimum of 45 fps in the most demanding zones playing at max settings 1920x1200. Needless to say AoC has the best graphics by far, immersion, music and combat system.

AoC will rise again :) imo, its the best mmo out there by far now

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
It seems there are more restrictions on the free-to-play version than I expect. I was excited a bit to read this article. However, seeing how they restrict the functionality of the free version, I now don't have that excitement.

cyb34

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Another marketing scheme from Funcom.
They want new players but offer almost nothing but advertising in return.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
The release of the game was so rough that I'm not surprised it's adding free-to-play features. They lost so many people thanks to a premature release. I saw so many "easy to catch" glitches that I wonder if they even beta tested the game... Many bugs prevented you from playing a chacter for up to 2 weeks at a time (ie entering a zone that crashes the game, you're screwed)... it took them that long to fix the problem. Overall, first months of the game I'd rate 1 out of 10. Unfortunately, like many others, I will not return to the game ever again.

irishmettle

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
AOC in it's current state is a really good MMO and if you like this genre I would definitely recommend checking it out once it goes F2P. I cancelled my sub more than 6 months ago due to just getting bored with it, lack of new content, and the low number of subs, but I will be checking it out again whenever this reboot happens.

G

I'm excited for the relaunch. Got bored of DDO and LOTRO very quickly. Personally, I think an mature unrated adult MMO in a beloved game world would fit a niche and may be successful. On the other hand, I do agree the combat system got tiresome. Especially having to deflect attacks with a system that was reminiscent of routing power to a force field. Seemed more in line with piloting a spaceship than controlling a savage barbarian. Still, I'm looking forward to the release. If it sucks, no worries. Didn't cost a dime to try.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]If they just got rid of the retarded combo attack system I'd go back to playing it for free. But as long as that terrible terrible combo system remains the game is not worth it.Having to hit 13115 to do 1 instant attack is stupid![/citation]

True. If they did it like LotRO's Warden gambit system, then it would be a LOT better... and you only need 4 keys
[CENTRE]
[GAMBIT ATTACK] to fire off any current combo.

G

free and premium.. what about those that only have 2 chars? any rewards for those who are willing to pay the premium account?
Crapcom «... the name says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.