[SOLVED] AGP Error with brand new ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti ?

drxuess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

Appreciate any help in advance but I am super baffled as to why this is happening. I am building a new rig and have been unable to boot but I've isolated tested all parts individually and they all work. Motherboard beep code has indicated it as an AGP error hence why I've posted in this category.

New Rig Specs:
CPURyzen 5 5600X
MotherboardGigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX
RAM16GB Corsairs
PSUCorsair SF750
Graphics CardASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 3080 Ti

Everytime I boot I get the boot code for AGP error (1 long 3 short beeps). I've put in my old GTX 980 into this rig and it booted up fine. Further I put my 3080 Ti into my friends rig which is running an i9 10850K with a Corsair AX1000 PSU and that ran fine as well. Could it possibly be my Corsair SF750 power supply not having enough power? But I've googled around and there are plenty of people with a Corsair SF750 PSU and the same 3080 Ti.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance :)

Solution
Sorry, i did read that your old card works fine and didn't realise before posting. Just realised whilst in the toilet! and was hoping to edit but too late 😃. Would think it's psu related then, bios update in case there are addressed problems regarding pcie.

Edit
Try force pcie 3 instead of auto in bios with your 980 then switch. There have been issues running pcie4 cards on b550 although it should support pcie4.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Error code leads to vga but could be cpu as well. Has bios been updated for zen3? If not, you'll have to do so using qflash plus. Download latest bios file, extract and rename Gigabyte.bin and place on usb no folders and insert in designated port on mobo and hit qflash button.

drxuess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
Error code leads to vga but could be cpu as well. Has bios been updated for zen3? If not, you'll have to do so using qflash plus. Download latest bios file, extract and rename Gigabyte.bin and place on usb no folders and insert in designated port on mobo and hit qflash button.

Thanks for replying so quickly, yeh I thought so too but in isolation both has worked fine so thats why im confused. I'll try the BIOS flash but i figured the board is pretty new + CPU boots fine with GTX980 that might not be the problem, but I'll give it a try :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry, i did read that your old card works fine and didn't realise before posting. Just realised whilst in the toilet! and was hoping to edit but too late 😃. Would think it's psu related then, bios update in case there are addressed problems regarding pcie.

Edit
Try force pcie 3 instead of auto in bios with your 980 then switch. There have been issues running pcie4 cards on b550 although it should support pcie4.

Last edited:
Solution

drxuess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015

Edit
No worries at all, thanks for replying, I'll give that a try with forcing pcie3. The bios update was no dice :(

drxuess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015

Edit

Forcing PCIE3 did the trick. Bought a new case and didn't know the PCIE riser cable was only PCIE3 so doesnt support PCIE 4. Thanks!

Reactions: boju