News AI industry needs to earn $600 billion per year to pay for massive hardware spend — fears of an AI bubble intensify in wake of Sequoia report

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
That's an oversimplification to the point of being misleading. I know it's popular to say this sort of thing, but if you actually tried using a stochastic model to do what LLMs do, you'd only get gibberish out of it.

They just announced a huge partnership with OpenAI, where they're indeed swapping out the backend of Siri with OpenAI's models.

It has a final form??? I think you've been playing too many video games, bro.

I think LLMs are a little bit like a parlor trick. They have applications, but to the extent people think that's what AI is really about, they're missing the point.

For instance, Google's Deep Mind trained an AI to do protein folding, jumping medical science forward by decades, almost overnight!

Not to mention the various ways it's being used in drug discovery, material science, etc.
You're VERY wrong: Apple is replacing Siri with Apple Intelligence, in 2025, if it's worth it, NOT OPENAI.