Question AIMP, VLC, Media Player Won't Play MP3s!

Ian Haines

Honorable
Feb 10, 2017
I've just done a fresh reinstall on a Windows 7 Pro Dell. I installed AIMP (I always do) and it refuses to play MP3s - no doubt, a Codec problem. I tried the Home Cinema and that's refusing to play MP3s. I've installed VLC and that's refusing, also, to play MP3s. So, I downloaded and installed the FULL version of the "K-Lite" codec pack, got excited, got disappointed.

While I have a quiet cry about it, HOW DO I GET THE "£*%&(£&"ING PLAYERS...TO PLAY?

I've heard of "SMPlayer" that has its own Codecs in the installation. Anybody had any experiences with "SMPlayer"?

HEE-E-E-E-ELP! RESCUE ME FROM THIS UN-MUSICAL SILENCE! :(

Ian Haines

Honorable
Feb 10, 2017
what the files size? are you looking at the file extension?
This is odd. I just used the same folder I usually use, to test installed player software, and the file sizes are crazy-small! One track that I know is 64K and I know that track is around 6 mB.

YEP! Although they are showing (properties) as MP3s, their size suggests very much otherwise. I've just been using files from many other folders, and the players are playing them, perfectly well.

I've no idea why the original folder's MP3s are showing such ridiculously low file sizes. Any ideas as to how that could possibly happen?

Thanks, for your help, so far, guys!