Build Advice AIO 360mm advice (Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 does not fit in the 5000D Airflow)

May 16, 2022
Hey there,
I'm looking for alternatives to the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO RGB since it does not fit on the top of the 5000D Airflow case.

I know the H150i Elite Capellix works but it's double the price of the Arctic.
Would the Lian Li Galahad 360 have similar results to the Arctic and fit well the 5000D on top?

Appreciate all the help!

it should fit
350805.8979d685ba09239b18fcbe8d42f2a41f.1600.jpg

350805.cc4916788a094db73da78c0fc7d0ec34.1600.jpg

here it is top mounted

May 16, 2022
but ya galahad 360 would fit in push config without hitting cpu power cables
e43v6ej3s0l81.jpg

Is it a big difference from the arctic to the galahad in terms of temps? Also when you say push do you mean exhaust ?
I want the radiator fans in exhaust and rear fan and everything else intake.
Ty for the help

May 16, 2022
push means fans move air through radiator - good cooling
pull means fans move air from radiator - weaker cooling

artic can fit just in pull config, galad can be either way
Oh right. In terms of temps, you don't know if it's a big difference or not?
Also am i correct by opting for front and side fans push, rear and radiator fans pull?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@kerberos_20
Where are you getting some of your info from?

I'm asking what would be optimal if the radiator is on top?
Push, pull, push-pull matters very little. It has a greater impact on:
-thick boy custom rads, like 60mm thick.
-poorly designed front or top panels, where it's ideal to position the fans as far away from the panel as possible. With open mesh, it practically doesn't matter as much.

This here is something I believe top AIO users need to revisit: leave the rear slot empty, except for a filter. No exhaust fan, nor an intake fan.
I've tested cpu and gpu thermals with the hardware in my signature by running Cinebench R23 and Unigine Superposition(looped) at the same time, and between the 3:
-exhaust had the worst gpu thermals compared to the best result by 3C.
-no fan was the best.
-intake was within margin of error of no fan, but made a little more noise. I figure it doesn't do better cooling, because it's interfering with the pull from the AIO fans.
In my build, gpu AIO is top exhaust, cpu AIO is front mounted intake. I also DIY'ed a mesh window in place of the acrylic one.
Top mounted cpu AIO + open air gpu, which are more common, might be different, or similar. That's why I bring up the need to revisit.

You are not missing much between AIOs. Fans and ears = performance.
-Fans between models have different specs at 100%, but hardly anyone does that.
-Manufacturers don't post fan curves(save for 2), and performance below 100% is not linear; some models will do better/worse than others at a given range.
-Different ears, different perceptions of sound, different comfort zones, different distances between the user and their PC.
There are too many variables to tell you exactly how much one cooler trails/leads another. I think the biggest difference between the Capellix and Galahad is the mandatory software for the former.

May 16, 2022
@kerberos_20

Push, pull, push-pull matters very little. It has a greater impact on:
-thick boy custom rads, like 60mm thick.
-poorly designed front or top panels, where it's ideal to position the fans as far away from the panel as possible. With open mesh, it practically doesn't matter as much.

This here is something I believe top AIO users need to revisit: leave the rear slot empty, except for a filter. No exhaust fan, nor an intake fan.
I've tested cpu and gpu thermals with the hardware in my signature by running Cinebench R23 and Unigine Superposition(looped) at the same time, and between the 3:
-exhaust had the worst gpu thermals compared to the best result by 3C.
-no fan was the best.
-intake was within margin of error of no fan, but made a little more noise. I figure it doesn't do better cooling, because it's interfering with the pull from the AIO fans.
In my build, gpu AIO is top exhaust, cpu AIO is front mounted intake. I also DIY'ed a mesh window in place of the acrylic one.
Top mounted cpu AIO + open air gpu, which are more common, might be different, or similar. That's why I bring up the need to revisit.

You are not missing much between AIOs. Fans and ears = performance.
-Fans between models have different specs at 100%, but hardly anyone does that.
-Manufacturers don't post fan curves(save for 2), and performance below 100% is not linear; some models will do better/worse than others at a given range.
-Different ears, different perceptions of sound, different comfort zones, different distances between the user and their PC.
There are too many variables to tell you exactly how much one cooler trails/leads another. I think the biggest difference between the Capellix and Galahad is the mandatory software for the former.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
I wanted a fairly quiet AIO and that's why i like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 because it seems to be the quietest and performs well but i don't want a tight fit on the Corsair 5000D.
At this point i'm debating just going for the Fractal Design Torrent with a Noctua NH-D 15. lol
The Capellix seems to be very lound and it would probably annoy me over time...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just about any cooler can be annoying audible if fans are run at 100%. But you're not going to let it do that, and that's where we start entering speculation territory.

If nothing else, you could front or side mount this cooler? Depending on what you use the PC for, and what the gpu is, front/side mount could be more efficient.

May 16, 2022
Just about any cooler can be annoying audible if fans are run at 100%. But you're not going to let it do that, and that's where we start entering speculation territory.

If nothing else, you could front or side mount this cooler? Depending on what you use the PC for, and what the gpu is, front/side mount could be more efficient.
PC will be used mostly for gaming & streaming and some video editing (not that much.)

My Configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB GAMING OC Video Card
PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

I will be OC'ing the rams to 4000mhz c15 and a not extreme OC on the CPU.

I like the Corsair 5000D case and was planning to use 3 fans on front intake, 3 fans on side intake, 1 fan on rear exhaust and the 3 fans from radiator on exhaust (top.)
I'm just unsure which AIO to get, I know the H150i Capellix will cool well and also has good software, the downside is the noise which i'm not a fan off. I will have the case on top of my desk as well..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The noise thing can be pushed aside, unless you must run the fans at 100% for some reason. Regardless if you settle for a Freezer II, Galahad, Capellix, etc, you're going to adjust the fans to your comfort zone on all of them.
I did it with the NH-D15S, IB-E Extreme Rev. B, Celsius+ S28, Celsius S36, and Eisbaer Aurora 360(before and after changing the fans). Didn't run any of them at 100% - they simply become too audible - and I sit level with the PC about 1.5m away.
Only one cooler of the ones I own allowed me to comfortably run it at 100%: Thermalright's True Spirit 140 Power.

Which one looks the coolest to you?
It looks like you desire the Freezer II the most, but are not willing to make compromise with it, thus bringing it below the Capellix and Galahad on appeal points.

Reactions: JaYmZ1
May 16, 2022
The noise thing can be pushed aside, unless you must run the fans at 100% for some reason. Regardless if you settle for a Freezer II, Galahad, Capellix, etc, you're going to adjust the fans to your comfort zone on all of them.
I did it with the NH-D15S, IB-E Extreme Rev. B, Celsius+ S28, Celsius S36, and Eisbaer Aurora 360(before and after changing the fans). Didn't run any of them at 100% - they simply become too audible - and I sit level with the PC about 1.5m away.
Only one cooler of the ones I own allowed me to comfortably run it at 100%: Thermalright's True Spirit 140 Power.

Which one looks the coolest to you?
It looks like you desire the Freezer II the most, but are not willing to make compromise with it, thus bringing it below the Capellix and Galahad on appeal points.
Good points.
I like the Freezer II because of it being quieter & performing well and also being way cheaper but does not fit on the case i want. (5000D Airflow)
In terms of aesthetics i prefer the Corsair H150i Capellix over the others.
I suppose i could change the fans on the Corsair H150i Capellix to make it quieter if it becomes a problem, right?

EDIT: I could also go for the Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO and that will fit the Freezer II. The Galahad isn't really a choice if i get the Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO because the case would be fine in terms of mounting the Freezer II on it.
I'm just debating between the Galahad and Capellix for the 5000D Case because they are the ones that can be mounted on Top.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I suppose i could change the fans on the Corsair H150i Capellix to make it quieter if it becomes a problem, right?
You could, yes.

I suggest prioritizing the chassis first. You're going to be seeing more of it in comparison to the cooler, so it should be something you really like.
5000D Airflow > O11 Evo, is the impression I get.

As for the coolers:
Freezer II > Capellix > Galahad. But the compromise for fitment is off the table.

Capellix = Galahad > Freezer II. There's not that much separating the first 2, and even if the supposedly quieter Galahad was running at 100% for some reason, I wouldn't want to be in the same room as it.

Galahad > Capellix > Freezer II. I'm biased against the mandatory software, so this is what it looks like, IMO. I don't need software to operate this equipment; I'd rather it be optional, but no, Corsair and NZXT force it on users.

Push, pull, push-pull matters very little
my own rads from arctic, got two of them, both of them have much higher temps in pull config, and higher fan speed... with push config temperatures are lower, fan speed is also lower
it could be due to dust filters, havent tested it without them, but for sure it felt almost like zero airflow at low rpm

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
my own rads from arctic, got two of them, both of them have much higher temps in pull config, and higher fan speed... with push config temperatures are lower, fan speed is also lower
it could be due to dust filters, havent tested it without them, but for sure it felt almost like zero airflow at low rpm
Both our results are likely correct then.
I didn't notice a difference doing push or pull on the Celsius rads, though I don't run my fans at particularly low rpms - around 1500rpm for most of them.[Except the Celsius+ S28, that was closer to 1300rpm.]

There was a 6C difference in favor of pull on the Eisbaer Aurora stock fans. The Nexxxos rad has lower FPI than most AIOs, so high SP fans shouldn't be a necessity, but it still would've been a better performer if they hadn't included some crappy round frame ARGB fans; the cpu isn't the only thing these fans provide cooling to. That's why I replaced them with Phanteks T30-120s... afterwards, push/pull didn't matter.

The steady sound of the fans has long since become pleasing to my ears. When I'm not listening to music, or playing games, it feels weird if I don't hear them a little.