[SOLVED] Aio cooler on kolink observatory

May 7, 2021
So im planning on adding a 240 aio cooler on my case but my question is:can i put it in front without needing to remove the 3 preinstalled case fans? I saw in a video that somebody did it

Solution
can i put it in front without needing to remove the 3 preinstalled case fans?
you can have your radiator setup in a push\pull configuration;
having one set of fans pushing air into the fins, and another set pulling air out of the fins.

but this has to be a balanced system where there isn't hot air being stifled in the radiator.
so equal or more air needs to be pulled out than is being pushed in.

all four 120mm fans in the push\pull setup would need to be attached to the radiator.
you couldn't do this without removing and reseating at least two of the three preinstalled.
i would seriously doubt any included case fans are of high enough quality that you would want to use them with your AIO though.
can i put it in front without needing to remove the 3 preinstalled case fans?
having one set of fans pushing air into the fins, and another set pulling air out of the fins.

but this has to be a balanced system where there isn't hot air being stifled in the radiator.

all four 120mm fans in the push\pull setup would need to be attached to the radiator.
you couldn't do this without removing and reseating at least two of the three preinstalled.
i would seriously doubt any included case fans are of high enough quality that you would want to use them with your AIO though.

Solution
May 7, 2021

So isnt it possible to just apply the radiator on front and keep the pre-installed fans as they are now?

So isnt it possible to just apply the radiator on front and keep the pre-installed fans as they are now?

May 7, 2021
What if i just mount the radiator without push/pull configuration setup? What i say is:mount the aio cooler to put cold air in the case and the hot air is removed from the roof panel(i have 2 120mm fans there too so as to remove the hot air). Is this possible? Btw thanks for the fact that you are helping man

yes, if you're mounting it in the front
than you definitely want it to have it's fans on the exterior pulling cool air into and through it.

the better option would be to leave the front fans where they are as front intakes,
and mount the 240mm cooler in the top with it's fans exhausting out through it.

this way the entire system still benefits from the cool air intakes in the front.
and the heated air from the CPU gets directly exhausted out of the top of the case.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
yes, if you're mounting it in the front
than you definitely want it to have it's fans on the exterior pulling cool air into and through it.

the better option would be to leave the front fans where they are as front intakes,
and mount the 240mm cooler in the top with it's fans exhausting out through it.

this way the entire system still benefits from the cool air intakes in the front.
and the heated air from the CPU gets directly exhausted out of the top of the case.
Makes sense, one fan opposing each other and therefore the purpose depends on the its position.