[SOLVED] AIO cooler problems

May 25, 2021
Recently having trouble with high temps using aio cooler, it's all installed properly but seems to be making a rattling noise. I know about air getting into the pump, I've tried troubleshooting this but no fix atm. Could there be a severe airlock or something?? Also are the tubes supposed to be around the same temp as each other?

Solution
How can I be sure of this? The pump still runs and shows rpm at max. Could there be a blockage somehow?

because rattling noise is a strong indication of proller being either detached or shifted downwards from the axle. This would cause the prollered either collide with the finned side of the copper plate on the water side or propeller hausing. Since since you have flow and return hoses at roughly the same temperature further supports this premise.
Sometimes even axle itself can have a slag that can make it oscillate up and down or even to sides.

RPM will still be shown as the motor spins and and rpm reading is done with hall effect sensor which is mounted near magnetic core (nowhere near propeller). If you're interested in...

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
How can I be sure of this? The pump still runs and shows rpm at max. Could there be a blockage somehow?

because rattling noise is a strong indication of proller being either detached or shifted downwards from the axle. This would cause the prollered either collide with the finned side of the copper plate on the water side or propeller hausing. Since since you have flow and return hoses at roughly the same temperature further supports this premise.
Sometimes even axle itself can have a slag that can make it oscillate up and down or even to sides.

RPM will still be shown as the motor spins and and rpm reading is done with hall effect sensor which is mounted near magnetic core (nowhere near propeller). If you're interested in how the rpm reading is generated
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_effect_sensor

if you're interested on what a typical aio pump construction is like ( construction may vary from ODM to ODM, by at a basic level it's more less the same)

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A fair bit of info is missing here.
-No one knows what the cooler is.
-A picture showing the interior of the chassis would be nice(imgur.com, postimages.org, imgbb.com). Please remove the side glass panel(if present) to avoid certain reflections.
-No one knows what is being cooled.
-Don't know how long you've had the cooler. Longevity isn't their strong suit - at least compared to air coolers.

Also are the tubes supposed to be around the same temp as each other?
Yes, they should feel more or less the same. If there's a noticeable hot and cold difference, then there's a problem with the liquid flow.