[SOLVED] AIO for Fractal Design Torrent

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Is it possible to install an aio into the torrent?? Is it pointless to do so seen as it is an airflow case? i was recommended on here for the noctua dh15 air cooler and deepcool but they look huge from a visual standpoint. Thinking maybe torrent was wrong choice. Any help appreciated :)

Solution
Whats your opinion on the Tomahawk
i've never been a fan of Razer products but the Tomahawk seems to be pretty decent.
besides the big green logo on the front it's a pretty nice minimalistic design.
looked like it supports up to 280mm radiator in the top.
think it only supports 120mm fans in front & back so those would need to run at a bit higher RPMs for good airflow.

anybody building an ATX system this past year or so i always recommend the be quiet! Silent Base 802.
has the best design and included options i've ever worked with.
Is it possible to install an aio into the torrent?
it can be done but there are much better options out there for an AIO setup.

having a bottom mounted radiator setup as intake plus the front 180mm fans would lead to huge amount of positive air pressure inside the case.
the rear is pretty well vented but you'd have to try it out to see how this arrangement affects the temperatures of all components compared to other more conventional setups.

it also uses a top mounted power supply so it will be drawing in warmed air from inside of the case and staying warmer vs a bottom mounted option where it would be drawing in cool outside air through the floor of the case.

Reactions: frankie47

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
it can be done but there are much better options out there for an AIO setup.

having a bottom mounted radiator setup as intake plus the front 180mm fans would lead to huge amount of positive air pressure inside the case.
the rear is pretty well vented but you'd have to try it out to see how this arrangement affects the temperatures of all components compared to other more conventional setups.

it also uses a top mounted power supply so it will be drawing in warmed air from inside of the case and staying warmer vs a bottom mounted option where it would be drawing in cool outside air through the floor of the case.
Thanks for info mate. I guess then i will more than likely just go noctua air cooler hopefully still looks ok from a visual standpoint

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
their chromax versions look pretty cool.
bulky but kind of black Terminator-esque.

if the Fractal Design Torrent is still rather new you should be able to return it fairly easily.
most stores and any decent online retailer has good return/refund policies for electronics.
Yea i purchased from ebuyer. Received torrent today. I'm in two minds whether to return it and maybe go for the Razer tomahawk atx case. Then i could try an aio. Only caveat to that case is only 1 fan included so would need to get more. I currently have the v3 wireless black widow keyboard and chroma extended. Whats your opinion on the Tomahawk if any in terms of looks and performance thermals wise?

Whats your opinion on the Tomahawk
i've never been a fan of Razer products but the Tomahawk seems to be pretty decent.
think it only supports 120mm fans in front & back so those would need to run at a bit higher RPMs for good airflow.

anybody building an ATX system this past year or so i always recommend the be quiet! Silent Base 802.

Reactions: frankie47
Solution

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014

Thanks a lot - i will have a closer look at the be quiet case and ponder some more :)