Question AIO - H100i Corsair question

Apr 24, 2021
So I have an H100i Corsair AIO and I OC'd my 8700k a bit to 4.9 which doesn't really pertain to my question but can the heat spreader on the pump aio have imperfections or not be perfectly flat? I ran cinebench and was hitting 100c on the package until I pushed semi hard on the pump and it dropped down to the 70's. It's always been like this since I bought it, even when running stock it sometimes gets higher temps than normal in games and I'll push on it and the temps will drop back down about 10 to 15 c. I tightened it down in an X or star type pattern and have re pasted and reseated it MANY times. Is this common or is my aio defective?

it's a possibility that one or more of the Intel standoffs or thumbscrews are defective with stripped threads or something else and not properly tightening.
you can find replacements cheap to try replacing them.

what are your idling and basic heavy processing(like gaming) temperatures?

Apr 24, 2021
it's a possibility that one or more of the Intel standoffs or thumbscrews are defective with stripped threads or something else and not properly tightening.
you can find replacements cheap to try replacing them.

what are your idling and basic heavy processing(like gaming) temperatures?

Idling around 29 to 30c Gaming 50-60c at 3.6 with no turbo. But when I turn on turbo I get temps (max temps) in the 80's at 4.4ghz. And if I try to Oc to anything higher I'll get 100c sometimes max.
It's a z390-p in an InWin 805 with the front glass removed and push-pull config. I just want to run the damn thing with turbo on and sometimes I can't even do that. I could try to delid and change the case/aio but idk.