Question AIO pump and CPU fans not detected in bios

Nov 24, 2022
Hi, i recently upgraded to a new pc and decided to go with an AIO (cooler master masterliquid ml360l argb v2) to cool the cpu, but in the bios it shows up as not detected and it spins like a jet engine, ive tried to google around a bit to try and find some help but havent managed to do so.
So im wondering if there is a easy solution to the problem that ive missed, is it the rgb controller that is screwed? should i connect the pump and cpu fan connections to the rgb connector as well?

Nov 24, 2022
just noticed that i had missed a cable but it didnt seem to fix the problem, the only thing it solved was that the rgb started to work, dubble checked the manual to be sure that its all connected as it should be

I have the cooler's cables connected to the rbg controller that i got with it, it's what it showed in the manual but I don't know if it's the correct way to do it.
The motherboard is ASUS TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI
(A)RGB is separate from fan motors and doesn't regulate or report their speed. Radiator fans should be connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB and pump to another Header, preferably AIO:pump or similar where you can set it to maximum.

Nov 24, 2022
According to the manual, you've to connect both the rgb and fan cable of each fan to the controller you got with the cooler, connect also the two cables coming from the pump to the controller, and then you have to plug the cable from the controller to the mobo. And power the controller with a Sata from the Psu. Did you do all correctly?

View: https://imgur.com/a/4M8ENEQ
The cables you see running from the MB is the "M" and "O" cables(the one you see hanging is the for GIGABYTE connection) from the manual and I connected all the fan and RGB cables into the controller and its powered with SATA from the PSU.

Nov 24, 2022
(A)RGB is separate from fan motors and doesn't regulate or report their speed. Radiator fans should be connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB and pump to another Header, preferably AIO:pump or similar where you can set it to maximum.
I have connected everything like it said in the manual, you can see it in the post below yours, maybe that is the issue or i read the manual wrong, and i posted some pictures of the cables and the MB manual, if that helps to solve the problem that i have.

Nov 20, 2022
The cables you see running from the MB is the "M" and "O" cables(the one you see hanging is the for GIGABYTE connection) from the manual and I connected all the fan and RGB cables into the controller and its powered with SATA from the PSU.

From what it seems to the picture, you connected the pump directly to your motherboard.

thats just how the cables are routed, it looks that way but the cables goes to the backside and connect to the rbg controller and the rgb controller cables are routed the same way back into the motherboard
RGB is separate from fan/pump motors and it has nothing to do with their operation except their lights.
At MB's top above RAM slots there is CPU_FAN to connect radiator fans to and AIO_pump header for the pump. Connect them to those headers directly without any controllers or hubs.

Nov 20, 2022
RGB is separate from fan/pump motors and it has nothing to do with their operation except their lights.
At MB's top above RAM slots there is CPU_FAN to connect radiator fans to and AIO_pump header for the pump. Connect them to those headers directly without any controllers or hubs.

if someone wants to do it that way, how to search for an adapter to merge the 3 fans and plug those into the Cpu_Fan port? Just wondering about the name to actually find one XD

Nov 24, 2022
Now i have connected the AIO cables directly to the motherboard and now i can see the pump speed in bios, but still cant see the fans and they spin at max speed all the time

12pak

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
On the 3 ports in the image of your manual, the AIO power is the port in the middle, and the ports to either side are for the CPU fans, NOT the RGB. Each of the fans for my AIO has 2 seperate cables, 1 for the fan power, and 1 for the RGB. If you daisy chain your CPU AIO fans together, make sure the end is connecto to one of the 2 CPU fan ports on either side of the AIO Pump power.