[SOLVED] AIO pump power cable too short to be plugged into proper header on MOBO

Bigem_neo

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Hey and happy new year everyone!

I 've just completed my new build using an Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming MOBO and the MSI Coreliquid 360R as an AIO. While the latter is great performance-wise, the pump power cable (integrated to the radiator, not the CPU block) is too short to be plugged into the AIO_PUMP header on the MOBO. According to the manual, it can be plugged into the W_PUMP+ header. So that's what I did instead.

The thing is, the current on this header is 3A while AIO_PUMP is only 1A. Is there any risk I plug the AIO power cable into W_PUMP+? Thanks for helping.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey and happy new year everyone!

I 've just completed my new build using an Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming MOBO and the MSI Coreliquid 360R as an AIO. While the latter is great performance-wise, the pump power cable (integrated to the radiator, not the CPU block) is too short to be plugged into the AIO_PUMP header on the MOBO. According to the manual, it can be plugged into the W_PUMP+ header. So that's what I did instead.

The thing is, the current on this header is 3A while AIO_PUMP is only 1A. Is there any risk I plug the AIO power cable into W_PUMP+? Thanks for helping.
It's still 12 volts the more amps don't matter unless the pump draws more amps than the header could put out.

Reactions: Bigem_neo