Question AIO rad dimension issues

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Hey y’all,

So I’m currently planning a new system, which involves 2 280mm radiators. Finding cases is a bit of a challenge, but I did manage to find something, the Azza Celesta 340. Sadly, this case has an issue. The product-site states that you can install 2 140mm fans both on the front and the top. But you can only put a 280mm rad on the front, the top only supports 240mm. I find this weird since you can install 2 140mm fans in the top. I have been delaying this build for a little bit now, and I really want it up and running. Is it a bad idea to just wing it and see if the second radiator fits in the top, since I can just return the case if not so? Or are there any other (relatively low priced) cases that support 2 280mm rads that anyone here knows about?

The restriction is probably there as a top radiator would either hit the motherboard, or conflict with the front fans/rads.
There is nothing wrong with giving it a shot, as the manufacturer likely never tested the exact components you will be using. It can work, but its a toss up.

In terms of alternatives, there are many out there depending on your budget and goals.
For example, Corsairs 7000D supports a 480mm, 420mm, 140mm, and a second 480mm radiator all at the same time.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
The restriction is probably there as a top radiator would either hit the motherboard, or conflict with the front fans/rads.
There is nothing wrong with giving it a shot, as the manufacturer likely never tested the exact components you will be using. It can work, but its a toss up.

In terms of alternatives, there are many out there depending on your budget and goals.
For example, Corsairs 7000D supports a 480mm, 420mm, 140mm, and a second 480mm radiator all at the same time.
That motherboard restriction came to mind for me as well when I thought about it. The 7000D is €300,- here, so I think I’d pass on that. Checked out the Thermaltake Core X31 which goes for €150,- new here, which supports my needs as well iirc. Might just go for that.