[SOLVED] AIO radiator buzzing occasionally on resets/boots

May 12, 2021
Over the past week, I’ve had a front fan of my NZXT Case replaced and my BIOS updated. Ever since I got it back home, my AIO radiator has been occasionally buzzing and crackling. It mostly happens on resets, but can also happen on boots as well. There seems to be no consistency, which can make it difficult to reproduce. My temps are all within normal ranges and no noise is produced while using my PC. The buzzing is quite loud and seems to be getting longer in duration.

NZXT Prebuilt specs
  • Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (BIOS F61a, latest)
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3600 Mhz 8 core (NZXT CAM shows it clocking at 4241Mhz, BIOS shows ~3600, unsure as to why, have never personally overclocked anything)
  • 2x Team Group UD4-3200 DDR4 RAM
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
  • WDC WDS100T2B0C -00PHX0 (SSD, 1 TB)
  • NZXT Kraken M22
  • Seasonic 110-240VAC PSU

Solution
It is an odd sound, and sounds like something rubbing against something. Unplug or remove the fan from the radiator, see it if keeps doing it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If the sound is coming from the radiator, then it is likely the fan. Debris floating around in the reservoir on the radiator could make some noise until it settles.

Possibly just some air bubbles trapped in the pump since this took place after it was moved around. Rotate the computer through several axis with and without it running to see if that helps.

Reactions: HexHimself