Question AIO stopped cooling CPU, fix or RMA?

Jul 6, 2024
Hello, about a week ago my AIO stopped cooling my 7800X3D and now it idles at 85C according to AMD Adrenalin software. It used to work with an idle at about 30C before, and I haven't changed anything physically. Is it possible that something I downloaded like FanControl would be conflicting with the cooler?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the AIO's make and model. If your AIO's within the warranty period, you're going to void it by repairing it yourself, unless there's mention that topping the AIO up with fluid is not going to void the warranty.

Simple answer = RMA it.

Reactions: propad12
Jul 6, 2024
Ah ok, figured i'd have to RMA it regardless. I don't know the model (no branding or anything on it), but it was shipped as part of a bundle in my NR200P MAX case.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What model aio is it and how old? Any warranty left on it?

What rpm does it show pump is running at and can you feel slight vibration from the block? Water in both tubes should be warm, little warmer in the outlet tube. If outlet tube is cold then pump isn't spinning. I don't think software can stop a pump completely, adjust rpm speed yes but not stop, it should be self automatic to a degree to prevent overheating.

Jul 6, 2024
What model aio is it and how old? Any warranty left on it?

What rpm does it show pump is running at and can you feel slight vibration from the block? Water in both tubes should be warm, little warmer in the outlet tube. If outlet tube is cold then pump isn't spinning. I don't think software can stop a pump completely, adjust rpm speed yes but not stop, it should be self automatic to a degree to prevent overheating.
I don't know the model as it wasn't provided, but it was bundled with my NR200P MAX case from Cooler master, its a 240mm AIO that i have with two 140mm fans on it. It's only a month old, so it's in warranty, but sending it through RMA would likely knock out my computer for the next two months which I'm trying to avoid.

I'm not entirely sure if i'm reading the correct sensor, but from what I remember it's the right one. When I adjust it in FanControl, the RPM reading increases/decreases accordingly but I feel/hear no difference in the vibration. Setting the fans at 0 or 100 changes nothing temperature-wise.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2024
Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "pump is cactus". Both tubes are cold, the radiator is similarly completely cold. I don't think any heat is being transferred at all between the block and radiator. As for going hsf, I don't really want to spend more money and I've built this in an ITX case (NR200P MAX) hence the need for more cooling performance in a smaller space.

If there's no other option, I suppose RMA is the only choice I have then.

it was bundled with my NR200P MAX
kind of odd that CM seems to go out of their way to not mention the model of radiator/pump used.
they don't even offer a 280mm model from their current series of AIOs.
just says "custom" through their different descriptions of the bundle.
smart

definitely sounds dead though with cold tubes, block, & radiator.
suppose RMA is the only choice
contact CM and describe the situation.
maybe even tell them you require the system for some sort of important work/school projects, they may expedite the process.

when & where did you purchase the bundle?
sometimes it's even faster to just return an item rather than go through an RMA process.

Jul 6, 2024
kind of odd that CM seems to go out of their way to not mention the model of radiator/pump used.
they don't even offer a 280mm model from their current series of AIOs.
just says "custom" through their different descriptions of the bundle.
smart

definitely sounds dead though with cold tubes, block, & radiator.

contact CM and describe the situation.
maybe even tell them you require the system for some sort of important work/school projects, they may expedite the process.

when & where did you purchase the bundle?
sometimes it's even faster to just return an item rather than go through an RMA process.
It was purchased off Amazon US, it was shipped and sold by Amazon so doubt it was that. It's also out of the return window for amazon because it's been just over a month since I bought the case itself. Just figured out that RMA would cost 70 bucks just to ship the thing, maybe I should just drop 140 for a new cooler?

Last edited:
should I just drop 140 for a new cooler?
first i would uninstall everything you may have installed related to fan control.

remove and reinstall the entire AIO making sure all cable connections are firmly seated in the proper places and thermal paste is properly applied.

install CM's MasterCTRL software for cooler control.

if still not functioning, you know it's dead.

Reactions: propad12
Jul 6, 2024
first i would uninstall everything you may have installed related to fan control.

remove and reinstall the entire AIO making sure all cable connections are firmly seated in the proper places and thermal paste is properly applied.

install CM's MasterCTRL software for cooler control.

if still not functioning, you know it's dead.
Guess its dead, nothing worked... the rpm readings for the pump come up but nothing actually happens when I adjust anything, bios has pump mode on, header obviously plugged in correctly because of the rpm readings, thermal paste already proved itself when the thing actually worked and the pump doesn't even respond to the cooler master software (i think it's not made by cooler master, just an outsourced pump for them to bundle with the set).